Turn on thread page Beta

How did you get over a broken heart? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm currentily going through a 1 year breakup that happened just a month ago and i'm still not over it. She took me for granted because it was my first relationship and i didn't know any better and what i did to get through is just accept that you will find someone much better who will respect you, love you and give you attention. Think of this just as a speed bump before the highway, you gotta go slow but then you speed up and everything is better =). Hope it helps somehow xD, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Guitar Hero.
    Seriously worked for me, totally takes your mind off it cause you have to really concentrate, i'm a bit of a pro now

ReputationRep:
    2 years, 4 months and counting...

Well not really lol. I'm very happy now, happier than I was, and I have an amazing boyfriend, but every now and again something will remind me of my "first love" - I think if you truly care about someone, they'll always have an impact on you, but you need to wait it out and learn to be happy again, and you'll heal and get stronger

It doesn't help to say it, but it really is just a matter of time.

ReputationRep:
    A distraction that will ease the pain. However the pain won't go away that quickly. Find a new obsession and I guess that would be your thing : ]

ReputationRep:
    Time, other women/men, gym, sport......

Alcohol doesnt work though, just makes you more depressed!

ReputationRep:
    Distraction.
    And fall for someone else. I spent the best part of 3 years feeling sorry for myself and then I met someone else. I just wish I'd met them alot sooner, not too soon though.
    There is the GSTOW (go shag ten other women) approach which in part I'd recommend

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.