The Student Room Group

UCAS Regrets

Hi. Is anyone else regretting not applying to at least one uni close to them so they atleast still had the option to go there if they changed their mind later???? The 6 unis I have applied to are all far enough away that I would have to move away from home and live there if I went to any of them..... I didn't appy to any unis near me because I've always wanted to move away but now all my friends are staying near here and I'm wishing I'd just given myself that option by applying to a uni or two near me instead of all faraway ones!
Anyone else feel the same way??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*Riz*
Hi. Is anyone else regretting not applying to at least one uni close to them so they atleast still had the option to go there if they changed their mind later???? The 6 unis I have applied to are all far enough away that I would have to move away from home and live there if I went to any of them..... I didn't appy to any unis near me because I've always wanted to move away but now all my friends are staying near here and I'm wishing I'd just given myself that option by applying to a uni or two near me instead of all faraway ones!

no
Reply 2
*Riz*

no.
Reply 3
no

The famous 1-word answers!
Reply 4
Xenon
The famous 1-word answers!

agrees. I should win a award for this
Reply 5
Nope, I feel that university should the whole way of life, not just the academics. And that way of life involves being away from home!
Reply 6
Yep me too, and I've always thought that I guess the reality of it and how scary it will be is just starting to dawn on me.
Reply 7
agrees. I should win a award for this

Hmmmmmm. Tough call between you and eric!
Reply 8
Xenon
Hmmmmmm. Tough call between you and eric!

agrees
Reply 9
*Riz*
Yep me too, and I've always thought that I guess the reality of it and how scary it will be is just starting to dawn on me.

I agree with Emma on this one! University is about independence, making new friends, getting to know what life is really about and leaving that sheltered home. Scary??!!! I think its gonna be a best damn time of my life..besides you'll make new friends..they say some of the friends you meet are uni will be friends for life..

Sounds to me like you're scared of change..are you?..Change is a part of life..uni is a huge one.. but trust..if you're an extrovert..like moi and the rest of us who have answered..you're gonna absolutely love it!

Peace.

John
Reply 10
Yeah I am normally a very confident, loud person - I've just been getting a bit too sentimental for my own good recently. Uni will be great....I'm sure! :s-smilie: :tongue:
agrees

Hey..does anyone know why this thing has me down as a 'junior member'..i'm like..17.
Reply 12
You'll be a junior member until you make a certain number of posts - i think its 100 - then you will become a full member!
*Riz*
Yeah I am normally a very confident, loud person - I've just been getting a bit too sentimental for my own good recently. Uni will be great....I'm sure! :s-smilie: :tongue:

Hey, we all have our doubts about everything right.. don't worry about it..i mean you could always visit on weekends and stuff..you will be going to uni in the same country right..hehe.lol.. where you applied btw and to what course..

John
Reply 14
I have applied for Psychology at:

Nottingham
Warwick
Lancaster
Birmingham
Aston
Hull

what about you??
*Riz*
I have applied for Psychology at:

Nottingham
Warwick
Lancaster
Birmingham
Aston
Hull

what about you??

Medicine at Kings, Queen Mary's, Peninsula and UCL.. have an interview in February at Queen Mary's and still waiting for the others..lol.. I put down backups...I have offers for biochem at kings and neurosciece at UCL..

Psychology..cool! I read a lot on psychology and I regret the fact that I didn't choose to study it at AS level..arggh..oh well..lol.. best of luck tho!!.heard anything from any unis?
Reply 16
I regret the fact that all of the unis I applied to hav given me really high offers, or no offer at all (oxford) so I am screwed unless I get AAB
Reply 17
janon
I regret the fact that all of the unis I applied to hav given me really high offers, or no offer at all (oxford) so I am screwed unless I get AAB

i thought i would be in that situation....but my lowest offer is 3B for chemcial enginerring at imperial....so its all goooood
Reply 18
Yeah my offers are mainly ABB, apart from hull which is lower. Haven't heard back from Warwick or Nottingham yet.
Reply 19
*Riz*
Yeah my offers are mainly ABB, apart from hull which is lower. Haven't heard back from Warwick or Nottingham yet.

Since the nearest uni to me is 60 miles away, I have no choice but to move away - which suits me fine :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending