The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Birmingham
Reply 101
domino0806
Excuse me, do you think I care? It's disgusting and Northern.

Really, now looks, B'ham is *****, I don't want to take any more garbage from the dumbos in the middle of no where.
Ben25
It would help if you actually read what he quoted. It says the capital city of England's neighbouring province, not London's neighbouring province.

Then it could be Scotland, still not necessarily Wales.

Sorry I mis-read the post and see Psyk's post (#79). Could be complete BS.
Reply 103
Psyk
Edit - I'm interested in this now. But I think boodeny might have just made this up since this thread is the only thing that comes up on google if I search for it. Lib, do you know anything?

Yeah, he made it up.
Reply 104
domino0806
Excuse me, do you think I care? It's disgusting and Northern.

People are much friendlier up North i find,
Southerners especially Londoners just seem too busy all the time and hostile
you are reinforcing this opinion of mine:rolleyes:

Also Winchester is waaay to small to be a capital nowadays, i doesnt even have a KFC! :O

But its got a large prison

Manchester ftw!!!
4G_dollars
Yes. I am in position to slag off other cities, after all, because I am independant. Birmingham is *****.
Manchester and Liverpool beats it hands down. Why even, Preston and even Blackpool beats it.

You clearly didn't get what I meant - Preston is an absolute **** hole. Even though you think Birmingham is ****, it has far more to offer than Preston.

As for the Manc/Pool/Brum argument, I'm from Birmingham so my opinion is bias but as Birmingham is the second city, biggest population, personally nicer than Manchester and Liverpool, so I'd have to say Birmingham.
Reply 106
domino0806
Oxford maybe?

Good point. It was, of course, capital during the Civil War.
4G_dollars
Really, now looks, B'ham is *****, I don't want to take any more garbage from the dumbos in the middle of no where.

Once again, you're from Preston- how can you say Birmingham is in the middle of nowhere?
Reply 108
Birmingham
I'd say Nottingham would be a good contender. Apart from Derby, it's the most central city in Britain (well I mean closest to the point furthest from the sea than anywhere else). It has good transport links with the M1 and A1 which would make it easy to get to and depart from to other major cities like Manchester and Birmingham.
Reply 110
Xenopus
York was the capital of Britannia Inferior, under the Romans, but it's too small to be a capital now.

Why does the capital have to be big? The capital city, as in where the government is based, doesn't really need to be a massive city. Look at Australia, Canberra isn't a particularly big city. Similar with the USA, there are far bigger cities than DC, and state capitals tend to not be the big cities people outside of the USA associate with those states (e.g. The capital of New York state is not New York city).
Reply 111
Birmingham. I dont get why the OP hates it so much, i have lived there for 18 years and think its a great city!
Reply 112
4G_dollars
Which one

Los Angeles
Reply 113
CrookedLegs
You clearly didn't get what I meant - Preston is an absolute **** hole. Even though you think Birmingham is ****, it has far more to offer than Preston.

As for the Manc/Pool/Brum argument, I'm from Birmingham so my opinion is bias but as Birmingham is the second city, biggest population, personally nicer than Manchester and Liverpool, so I'd have to say Birmingham.

And what is your point? Preston is good actually, have you ever been?

Liverpool and Manchester are far superior than Birmingham
Reply 114
clo89
Birmingham. I dont get why the OP hates it so much, i have lived there for 18 years and think its a great city!

I don't hate Birmingham. I hate the fact that people big it up when it isn't. It is just not important enough. It is on par with Bradford. Are you going to call Bradford amazing?
4G_dollars
And what is your point? Preston is good actually, have you ever been?

Liverpool and Manchester are far superior than Birmingham

I've been once about 5 years ago, worst day of my life. Hmm, not sure about that, I think they have the edge over Birmingham in terms of music but that is it.
Reply 116
4G_dollars

What about Edinburgh, Belfast and Cardiff, as they are capital cities.

Brimingham is only second biggest because of population. It just the ***** otherwise.

well maybe because they are not in England you utter mong:rolleyes:
4G_dollars
I don't hate Birmingham. I hate the fact that people big it up when it isn't. It is just not important enough. It is on par with Bradford. Are you going to call Bradford amazing?

What are you talking about?! How can you compare Birmingham to Bradford? Give me five logical arguments for your case (and one of them can't be that they both begin with B)
Reply 118
CrookedLegs
What are you talking about?! How can you compare Birmingham to Bradford? Give me five logical arguments for your case (and one of them can't be that they both begin with B)

1) A dumping ground for asians
2) They don't have a Habitat store
3) They are not that important enough
4) No one has heard of B'ham or Bradford unless you live in the UK
5)They are just ugly.
Reply 119
4G_dollars

and i hate the fact that people think its **** when its not! its the second city of course its important enough. No i wouldnt call braford amazing cos i have never even been there let alone experienced its culture and whatever, so i'm not going to judge a city when i dont know much about it, unlike some people.

Latest

Trending

Trending