Turn on thread page Beta

Muslims Are Taking Over The World? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    Lets put it another way, (now work with me here) Lets say millions of people all of a sudden from AMERICA, BRITAIN, AUSTRALIA, ITALY, CANADA ETC, move to a democratic muslim country in such numbers that they are able to ban mosques (have them knocked down, make people to eat pork of friday night and ban people from believing in ISLAM, you would like it would you?
    You are not thinking this right. If the Muslims reach more than 50% of the population and carry significant weight in parliament, then they are well within their rights to pass legislation that represents their interests. That is how democracy works.

Also your argument that a Muslim majority will tyrannise the non-Muslim minority doesn't hold as there are checks built into the system.

ReputationRep:
    Geez people,

Being students and being of sound intellect, I thought you would check facts and figures and
    the realiability of data.

Read this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8189231.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    lol, and they say Islam isn't about dominance.
    Yeah they aren't forcing Islam on people, MANY people are converting. So can this be blame on Islam as being a religion about dominance??? In short, NO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MushroomMan)
    Yeah they aren't forcing Islam on people, MANY people are converting. So can this be blame on Islam as being a religion about dominance??? In short, NO.
    Feck orf, I was replying to somebody elses point, and in reference to that talked about 'dominance'. Re-read, go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KITANA91)
    I just stumbled across this video,
    and was wondering what your thoughts are on this?...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kKkY5EpVpY

Kinda scared me really...
    you just realised now...peh...:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    Lets put it another way, (now work with me here) Lets say millions of people all of a sudden from AMERICA, BRITAIN, AUSTRALIA, ITALY, CANADA ETC, move to a democratic muslim country in such numbers that they are able to ban mosques (have them knocked down, make people to eat pork of friday night and ban people from believing in ISLAM, you would like it would you?
    banning places of worship and religions is illegal because it's a violation of human rights and you couldn't possibly force feed an entire nation unless you imprison them all (millions of people) and literally force it down their necks. That's called being a nazi maniac and i'm pretty sure nobody is insane enough to want to do that i dont even think you'd want that! so no i can't say i'd like that, add to that the fact that i never proposed doing anything like that here in the UK or anywhere else.

oh and incidentally i cannot think of a single muslim country that is democratic that's why we are so anti those regimes we like democracy (us being the people that emigrated here) we value democracy more than you because we know the consequences of not having democracy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    You just read my point......retard
    That wasn't a point. That was your attempt to make a coherent, sensible argument that lacked any kind of reason or critical thinking, and anyone reading it would be fully justified in believing you to be an alabaster retard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arab)
    banning places of worship and religions is illegal because it's a violation of human rights and you couldn't possibly force feed an entire nation unless you imprison them all (millions of people) and literally force it down their necks. That's called being a nazi maniac and i'm pretty sure nobody is insane enough to want to do that i dont even think you'd want that! so no i can't say i'd like that, add to that the fact that i never proposed doing anything like that here in the UK or anywhere else.

oh and incidentally i cannot think of a single muslim country that is democratic that's why we are so anti those regimes we like democracy (us being the people that emigrated here) we value democracy more than you because we know the consequences of not having democracy

Thats because muslims dont no how to run a country properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ras90)
    Thats because muslims dont no how to run a country properly.
    What about Turkey?

ReputationRep:
    People who are scared by this actually need psychological HELP.
    Honestly.
    What is wrong with you?!
    Definition of "Muslim": "a follower of the religion of Islam".
    Just because someone is born to non-English parents, it does not mean they're Muslim!
    ...retards.
    It just means they're skin is a slightly different tone.
    I bet most British people aren't Christian! Some are, some aren't! I don't group English people as ALL being Christian, do I?! Stop grouping alllll Asians as Muslim!
    Personally, I AM a Muslim. I'm Iranian - I was born in England and brought up here all my life - but I'm also Muslim. I intend to have AT LEAST 5 children. Should I not be allowed because (HEAVENS FORBID) the population of non-whites might JUST INCREASE SLIGHTLY! *SHOCK* *HORROR*!
    What difference does it make if my child is white or not white? This is BLATANT racism covered up by a pretty little video with a few facts chucked in and a deep man voice telling us one side of a story.

So, why be scared?! Coloured people don't bite!

& also, if these people are Muslim... what's the issue there? Islam is honestly a peaceful religion! The "Muslim" terrorists have just misinterpreted the Q'uran! I assure you - there is no saying of "bomb everyone" in there.

I'll tell you what's "scary"! The fact that right now, Palestinians are being slaughtered by Israelis and their country is being taken over in the most violent way possible! Although, you don't understand that because the media doesn't show their side of the story!

MUSLIMS ARE NOT TO BLAME - INDIVIDUALS ARE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KITANA91)
    hahaha true.
    But still so many countries have so many muslim people there...and the past year i know 10 people who have converted and more people are wanting to convert...i dont know why it seems so appealing to convert to islam..
    Before I had converted to Islam, I was a Christian. I converted to Islam because I had questioned myself weather I believed in Christianity because I was raised to believe it, or because I believed it was true. I started looking into other religions (Judaism and Islam), and found that I had agreed with many of Islam's teachings and beliefs. I had studied and researched Islam at the library and on the internet for almost three years before I had made the decision to convert. I have a big family who are strict Christians, who know nothing about Islam (they choose to believe the stereotypes). It is a constant battle with stress and tension every day I keep my conversion a secret from them, and I know that it will be very had for them to accept me once I do tell them. But despite everything, I am much happier since I have became Muslim.

I am assuming you are worried whether your own religion, Christianity, makes any sense or if it is true. That's the main reason you're posting this Thread, you are wondering why on earth are these people converting this Islam??.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geedan)
    I am assuming you are worried whether your own religion, Christianity, makes any sense or if it is true. That's the main reason you're posting this Thread, you are wondering why on earth are these people converting this Islam??.
    :yep:
    Lol Im not christian, tho I've read the bible quite a few times out of curiosity and i go to Church every other week. Im meant to be a Hindu, but Im very open to all religions i don't really find it in me to say one particular religion is right as there are different aspects in all religions which i agree with.

I was born in Indonesia..and there as you would already know majority of everyone is Muslim, so i'm kinda aware of how they truly are..i don't stereotype them.. to be like huge terrorists etc etc, don't get me wrong.. because from my experience i know that Islam is one of the most peaceful religions out there tho its the newest religion to be found...

I've also been brought up with buddhism too But i don't think religion should be a way of life as some people make it seem to be...I find the culture way more important...i just think everything should be equal...seems like that one religion is starting to dominate.

Im not saying its wrong but..too much of one thing is never really good right?.. Its good to have a wide range of different cultures and religions right?...I didnt mean to start a fight or anything im sorry i was just curious..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Exactly, and neither are the works of fiction we write for ourselves. Everyones perfect interpretation is subject to their own opinion. How can you say for sure that your interpretation is the true one, and Koheminis isn't?
    Who said my interpreation is right?

According to your own interpretation.

No, unlike many on TSR i am fully aware of the many factors which contribute to violence and unrest in SW Asia. Western foreign policy being at the very least as damaging as Islamist extremism. Islam is a tool used to exploit susceptible young men, who's lives have been destroyed by western and Islamic war and destabilisation.

No religion is a religion of peace. All religion is servitude and slavery.
    That's your opinion. Now, I don't know what you have personally experienced to say this, but I would say your particular opinion against religion is pretty extreme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathematician!)
    Who said my interpreation is right?

You cannot, which is what makes religion so dangerous, and above all evil. Anyone can put forward an interpretation and claim it is the one true message, regardless of how disgusting and evil it may be. The fact that people will believe and fear it has come from an imaginary, immortal super dictator makes it dangerous, evil and abhorrent.

In secular society we know that an inidvidual who murders another individual has done wrong, and there is no excuse for that, regardless of what he tries to justify it with.

In a theocratic society however it is possible to justify murder with god. After all didn't god lay down the commandment 'thou shalt not kill' and then go on to order the Jews to commit genocide against the amalekites? He even chastised them for not killing enough women and children.

That's your opinion. Now, I don't know what you have personally experienced to say this, but I would say your particular opinion against religion is pretty extreme.

Tell that to the families destroyed by fanaticism. Tell that to the little girl who's mother lost her whole family in a suicide attack. Tell that to the little African boy who has aids because the Pope told his father condoms were evil. Tell that to the thousands of young boys raped and abused by leering old virgins who claim to speak for god. Tell that to the millions of mothers, who for hundreds of years were told that their unchristened children who had died would be stuck in limbo for eternity, never to know happiness. Tell that to the teenage boy in america, who committed suicide because he couldn't handle being gay in an evangelical community which taught him it was evil or his counterpart in Iran who was stoned to death for the same reason? Tell that to the young Jewish boy in New York who caught herpes and died because his rabbi insisted on circumcising him traditionally and sucking the blood from his penis orally, or the Pakistani woman who had acid thrown in her face for not wearing the veil. I could go on and on and on and on, such is the evil and atrocity spread by the primitive, savage practices we label 'religion. If taking such an attitude to evil in this way is extreme to you, then so be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Ok.. but why islam only? Hell if you are going for authenticity well then this Quran is same as it was 1400 year ago , which most are aware of. No other scripture i believe meets this condition
    Actually, there are serious issues relating to the authenticity of the Quran. It is certainly not as black and white as you suggest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pveGeGjyMZM

just outta curiosity which in your sense is easily accessible religion?
    I'm not sure which religion is accessible but, based on the evidence, it is obvious that Islam is not, what with all the huge differences of opinion in the 'Muslim world' on fundamental issues such as compulsion in religion.

what about the conversions taking place?
    Some people convert to Islam, yes? So what? Many people leave Islam. I myself personallu know around ten people who have left Islam.

There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned. (reference Quran)
    If the Quran is clear that there is no compulsion in religion, why do so many Muslims genuinely believe that there is compulsion in religion? Why is it that so many people have misinterpreted this supposedly accessible religion?

ReputationRep:
    Tell that to the families destroyed by fanaticism. Tell that to the little girl who's mother lost her whole family in a suicide attack. Tell that to the little African boy who has aids because the Pope told his father condoms were evil. Tell that to the thousands of young boys raped and abused by leering old virgins who claim to speak for god. Tell that to the millions of mothers, who for hundreds of years were told that their unchristened children who had died would be stuck in limbo for eternity, never to know happiness. Tell that to the teenage boy in america, who committed suicide because he couldn't handle being gay in an evangelical community which taught him it was evil or his counterpart in Iran who was stoned to death for the same reason? Tell that to the young Jewish boy in New York who caught herpes and died because his rabbi insisted on circumcising him traditionally and sucking the blood from his penis orally, or the Pakistani woman who had acid thrown in her face for not wearing the veil. I could go on and on and on and on, such is the evil and atrocity spread by the primitive, savage practices we label 'religion. If taking such an attitude to evil in this way is extreme to you, then so be it.
    Blood has also been spilt for non-religious reasons as well such as Hitler's holocaust, Stalin's and other communist leader's massacres. It even has been spilt in the name of democracy and secularism (Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan).

If we abolished religion a lot of blood will still be spilt for non-religous reasons. That is human nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casse)
    Blood has also been spilt for non-religious reasons as well such as Hitler's holocaust, Stalin's and other communist leader's massacres. It even has been spilt in the name of democracy and secularism (Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan).

You are saying that religion was not involved heavily with, or was not used as a tool or justification for any of the things above? :lolwut:

Because you would be wrong and i would be happy to debate you on each of them.

If we abolished religion a lot of blood will still be spilt for non-religous reasons. That is human nature.

Rape, cannibalism, murder and child abuse could also be attributed to human nature. Does that mean we should be ok with them happening?

This is probably the worst attempt at apologetics i have come across. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    You cannot, which is what makes religion so dangerous, and above all evil. Anyone can put forward an interpretation and claim it is the one true message, regardless of how disgusting and evil it may be. The fact that people will believe and fear it has come from an imaginary, immortal super dictator makes it dangerous, evil and abhorrent.

In secular society we know that an inidvidual who murders another individual has done wrong, and there is no excuse for that, regardless of what he tries to justify it with.

In a theocratic society however it is possible to justify murder with god. After all didn't god lay down the commandment 'thou shalt not kill' and then go on to order the Jews to commit genocide against the amalekites? He even chastised them for not killing enough women and children.

I think at this point it is best to agree to disagree. You have tried a lot to hurt my feelings with what you have written- I know you will label this as "the truth". However, I know we are both completely opposite and ignorant to one another's views. So you continue to believe what you believe, and I will continue to believe what I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathematician!)
    I think at this point it is best to agree to disagree. You have tried a lot to hurt my feelings with what you have written- I know you will label this as "the truth". However, I know we are both completely opposite and ignorant to one another's views. So you continue to believe what you believe, and I will continue to believe what I believe.

What do you mean 'believe'? Are you denying all of the things i have listed actuallly happened?

As for your feelings. I am merely relaying reality. If it is bitter then that is your problem not mine. But i am not going to pretend these things didn't happen. Because they most definately did, and i intend to tell as many people as i can.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean 'believe'? Are you denying all of the things i have listed actuallly happened?

As for your feelings. I am merely relaying reality. If it is bitter then that is your problem not mine. But i am not going to pretend these things didn't happen. Because they most definitely did, and i intend to tell as many people as i can.
    Go aheead, it isn't going to change my views at all.
    But as I said, I am not going to reply any further, because I am talking to a brick wall.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.