Turn on thread page Beta

My own personal brand of supervirginity watch

ReputationRep:
    I think maybe you should just go for walks, sit in cafes, join a couple of societies. You say you make no effort - that's where your problem is. I'm sure there are plenty of girls who would love to get to know you, you sound quite nice, but they can't get to know you if you sit in your room on tsr
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know that virgin threads are a dime a dozen here but I think my case is just a little bit different. Prepare yourselves for a long read:

I am 21, male and in my second year at a top 10 uni.

I do not classify myself as an ordinary virgin who simply hasn't made the final leap in their romance career. Oh no- I haven't done a thing, among others:
    -Slept with a girl
    -Kissed a girl
    -Held a girl's hand
    -Gone on a date
    -Asked a girl out
    -Flirted (at least I wasn't aware if any was going on)
    -Been drunk, tried tobacco or drugs (this is something I'm actually proud of)

To put it in the words of Ned Flanders- "You name it and I haven't done it". I am a supervirgin, the very worst kind.

I don't think I am too repulsive in any way. My face is kind of average but physically I think I am the top of the game- tall (supposedly girls like this, or so I've read), great physical shape (I am a bit of an amateur weightlifter/bodybuilder, and I actually get compliments on my physique), excellent eyesight, teeth and general health.

Although I virtually lack a social life since I really don't like parties or drinking, I am able to hold a decent conversation (including with females), quite intelligent and don't think I'm completely devoid of a sense of humor. The one thing I do get accused of and which I plead guilty to is that I have a tendency to approach everything in life too rationally (though this did pay off by getting me into a good university).

The reason behind my supervirginity is in my opinion my complete and utter lack of effort to do anything to "fix" this situation. As I said I lack a social life (I "go out" maybe 7 times a year, mostly student society socials) so I don't interact with many females to begin with. And on the rare occasions that I do meet some, I have never ever tried to "make a move" or hit on a girl. Simply haven't done it even though the urges are there. Throughout my final few years of school and now in university as well (supposedly the "best years of my young life" where the norm is to go out and find members of the opposite sex to have fun with) I just did other stuff and completely cut myself off from a big section of life. No particular reason really other than that I find parties and alcohol uninteresting and I prefer to do other stuff such as pump iron, watch films, do stuff with my computer and cook.

Finally, the point of this post- the questions:

1) How put off are girls by a guy like me? As in the reasons behind my supervirginity are not a string of failures (I have in a way been following the Homer Simpson motto "Never try, never fail"), not some massive physical deformity or mental disability and not because of some principles of waiting "for the one" or any stuff like that. This supervirginity of mine is very involuntary, trust me. Just a simple complete and utter lack of effort in this field of life.
    Is this seen as freakishly strange considering my "old" age and hence off putting?

2) Am I a rare breed or are there other such involuntary supervirgins out there who are in this situation because of a simple lack of effort?

2) Am I a rare breed or are there other
    1) No it's not put off. 21 isn't exactly old either.

2) You are not a rare breed at all. There are plenty of others like this and I know many.

If you don't like it being this way, just put effort in, simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winnieee)
    Bloody hell , how the **** are you not going absolutely MENTAL ?
    Parties , alcohol , getting off , etc , is AWESOME
    You need to gtfo TSR and go shag someone NOW.
    It's not cool that you've done none of these things since you're not even using religion or anything as an excuse , you just sound like a bit of a square.

Edit - I've just read back what I wrote and omg I sound angry .
    You're still wet behind the ears and probably live with your parents.

Your post demonstrates that you are very ignorant and immature regarding the OP. He has tried his best to explain his situation but you've jumped in sounding like a child. That's MENTAL and AWESOME.

Please grow up NOW.

Btw, I think you're a troll.

(Original post by PearlyWhites)
    Okay fair enough. Well why don't you just get talking to the girls on your course? You dont have to ask them out, just talk about the course...get their faceook...and voila! Lol it's not that easy, but it will be good practice! Then when you do find someone you like, it will be easier for you. Besides, girls are generally nice, and wont rudely reject a guy.
    If only it was that easy. I just don't know how to initiate a contact out of the blue with someone I have never talked to and who probably isn't aware of my existence (unless they spend a part of the lecture staring at me as I do at them).
    (Original post by weirdwakkidolli)
    I think maybe you should just go for walks, sit in cafes, join a couple of societies. You say you make no effort - that's where your problem is. I'm sure there are plenty of girls who would love to get to know you, you sound quite nice, but they can't get to know you if you sit in your room on tsr
    I'm already a member (active one, not just the kind who receives the monthly newsletter) in a few societies. Unfortunately they offer slim pickings in terms of females.
    I am on the lookout now for more social opportunities so I've started putting in at least minimal effort.

ReputationRep:
    You need to break out of your box and make the effort to attract girls - and I don't mean "looks" wise. If you're not flirting then it's hard for girls to judge whether or not you like them - making them less likely to approach you as opposed to you approaching them.

Approach more girls, get out of your comfort zone.

Virginity isn't a turn off for the majority of girls, but desperation is.

If you think about it, the more girls you approach and more effort you put into going out and joining socials etc then the more likely you are to get a positive response to your efforts - even if the rest is negative.

ReputationRep:
    I know that virgin threads are a dime a dozen here but I think my case is just a little bit different. Prepare yourselves for a long read:

I am 21, male and in my second year at a top 10 uni.

I do not classify myself as an ordinary virgin who simply hasn't made the final leap in their romance career. Oh no- I haven't done a thing, among others:
    -Slept with a girl
    -Kissed a girl
    -Held a girl's hand
    -Gone on a date
    -Asked a girl out

To put it in the words of Ned Flanders- "You name it and I haven't done it". I am a supervirgin, the very worst kind.

I don't think I am too repulsive in any way. My face is kind of average but physically I think I am the top of the game- tall (supposedly girls like this, or so I've read), great physical shape (I am a bit of an amateur weightlifter/bodybuilder, and I actually get compliments on my physique), excellent eyesight, teeth and general health.

Although I virtually lack a social life since I really don't like parties or drinking, I am able to hold a decent conversation (including with females), quite intelligent and don't think I'm completely devoid of a sense of humor. The one thing I do get accused of and which I plead guilty to is that I have a tendency to approach everything in life too rationally (though this did pay off by getting me into a good university).

The reason behind my supervirginity is in my opinion my complete and utter lack of effort to do anything to "fix" this situation. As I said I lack a social life (I "go out" maybe 7 times a year, mostly student society socials) so I don't interact with many females to begin with. And on the rare occasions that I do meet some, I have never ever tried to "make a move" or hit on a girl. Simply haven't done it even though the urges are there. Throughout my final few years of school and now in university as well (supposedly the "best years of my young life" where the norm is to go out and find members of the opposite sex to have fun with) I just did other stuff and completely cut myself off from a big section of life. No particular reason really other than that I find parties and alcohol uninteresting and I prefer to do other stuff such as pump iron, watch films, do stuff with my computer and cook.

Finally, the point of this post- the questions:

1) How put off are girls by a guy like me? As in the reasons behind my supervirginity are not a string of failures (I have in a way been following the Homer Simpson motto "Never try, never fail"), not some massive physical deformity or mental disability and not because of some principles of waiting "for the one" or any stuff like that. This supervirginity of mine is very involuntary, trust me. Just a simple complete and utter lack of effort in this field of life.
    Is this seen as freakishly strange considering my "old" age and hence off putting?

2) Am I a rare breed or are there other such involuntary supervirgins out there who are in this situation because of a simple lack of effort?

2) Am I a rare breed or are there other
    1)Very
    2)Yes
    3)Yes
    Excellent eyesight? Lolwut?

ReputationRep:
    I seriously don't get it, OP. You say your 'supervirginity' or whatever is involuntary - so you don't want to be a virgin - but you're not doing anything or making any kind of effort to change it...? Erm. Why not?

ReputationRep:
    Uh how is it 'involuntary' if it's through lack of effort?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know you don't like parties or drinking if you've never drank?

ReputationRep:
    -Slept with a girl
    -Kissed a girl
    -Held a girl's hand
    -Gone on a date
    -Asked a girl out
    That's where you're going wrong. Just do it. The worse they can do is say no.

1) How put off are girls by a guy like me?
    1) Some will be utterly repulsed by your lack of experience, some won't care, others may be attracted by it (most likely if they are very inexperienced themselves). Its up to you to meet some girls and find out about them.
    2) I'm in a similar boat, I'm 20 and have never been with a girl, I'm kind of like you actually in that I'm not bad looking or shy; I'm just very introverted and whilst I find girls in general attractive I never really find particular girls who I have much in common with or consider worth the effort. If you really want a girlfriend then you should be prepared to put the effort in.

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me, what does 'OP' actually stand for?

And the OP is just shy.
    "Original Poster"

ReputationRep:
    If only it was that easy. I just don't know how to initiate a contact out of the blue with someone I have never talked to and who probably isn't aware of my existence (unless they spend a part of the lecture staring at me as I do at them).

I'm already a member (active one, not just the kind who receives the monthly newsletter) in a few societies. Unfortunately they offer slim pickings in terms of females.
    I am on the lookout now for more social opportunities so I've started putting in at least minimal effort.
    Hmm what societies are you a member of if you don't mind me asking?
    And minimal effort is good :p: haha seriously though, anythings better than no effort, and I doubt it will take loads of effort before something happens - you're by no means a lost cause

(Original post by Ham22)
    no one cares how good your eyesight is.
    The point I was trying to make is that I don't wear glasses.
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Uh how is it 'involuntary' if it's through lack of effort?
    Its a paradox- I don't want to be a virgin but at the same time I acknowledge the fact that I am not doing much to help the situation and even if I did try to, I lack the skills to execute such a venture.
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    How do you know you don't like parties or drinking if you've never drank?
    I have been to parties and I have tried alcohol. But each and every experience with those two things has simply confirmed to me yet again that they're not my cup of tea.
    Excuse me, what does 'OP' actually stand for?

And the OP is just shy.
    OP- original poster. The person who started a thread.
    And yes, I am shy. In social situations I am generally rather quiet.

(Original post by ttx)
    That's where you're going wrong. Just do it. The worse they can do is say no.
    I realize this but as is the case with many things, its much easier said than done.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

He seems like a really sweet chap. It must have taken a lot to write this!
    No problem

Hmmm, maybe I'm just being way to cynical but I think his post screams troll.

If he really has a great body then girls will make the effort to speak to him. So I have my doubts.

(Original post by weirdwakkidolli)
    Hmm what societies are you a member of if you don't mind me asking?
    And minimal effort is good :p: haha seriously though, anythings better than no effort, and I doubt it will take loads of effort before something happens - you're by no means a lost cause
    I am a member of AIESEC, a sports club and a society for people from the country that I am from (its not a big country and because of anonymity issues, I am not going into further detail).

ReputationRep:
    Drink sweet liquor, get hammered, ask girl out and get rejected and you'll feel better.

(Original post by casparticus)
    No problem

Hmmm, maybe I'm just being way to cynical but I think his post screams troll.

If he really has a great body then girls will make the effort to speak to him. So I have my doubts.
    Nope, I am being honest here. This is not a trolling thread, I truly am this pathetic.

As for my muscles, well girls never hang out in the free weights area of the gym where my domain lies. They're mostly on the cardio machines and I just can't stand treadmills (though I love jogging in the wild).

As for the girls making efforts- some time ago I was at a party (every once in a while this does happen) and 3 quite attractive girls (plus a couple more who I am not interested in) came up to me and initiated conversations. It was nice talking to them but things "didn't go anywhere". Not that they have to every time I talk to a girl but I just don't know how to get the ball rolling in that direction.

Nope, I am being honest here. This is not a trolling thread, I truly am this pathetic.

As for my muscles, well girls never hang out in the free weights area of the gym where my domain lies. They're mostly on the cardio machines and I just can't stand treadmills (though I love jogging in the wild).

As for the girls making efforts- some time ago I was at a party (every once in a while this does happen) and 3 quite attractive girls (plus a couple more who I am not interested in) came up to me and initiated conversations. It was nice talking to them but things "didn't go anywhere". Not that they have to every time I talk to a girl but I just don't know how to get the ball rolling in that direction.

hmm, honestly I wouldn't normally say this, but read this: http://www.fastseduction.com/.

Normally i think it's a load of ******** but I've known one or two guys like you and it's helped them.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry im a "supervirgin" also. i find going out and getting drunk completely pointless (you lose money and feel ill). its alright your not the only one.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.