Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My own personal brand of supervirginity watch

(Original post by Ham22)
    well its a wonder they arn't beating your door down then.
    So the not wearing of glasses is not seen as a slight advantage over wearing glasses? Healthy genes and strength and all that evolutionary stuff? Ok, I stand corrected.

ReputationRep:
    Call me Captain Obvious, but it seems you just need to take more risks in life OP. It's quite common to fear change and "the unknown", but if you see yourself being happy having accomplished your goals then surely that's incentive to break out of your box and get something done? Or say not everything goes to plan when you do take risks like asking someone out or having new experiences, then you can say at least you've gone out on a limb and tried them, add them to your flourishing tapestry of life

Okay I went too far, (forgive me I'm procrastinating), but you get what I mean hopefully. Try something you've never done before, try it today, it might get the ball rolling and give you the confidence to ask someone out. You never know... :scuba:

Your choice but just don't become socially akward

ReputationRep:
    I love how he put good eyesight as an attractive attribute, aahahaha

(Original post by thesalamander123)
    I love how he put good eyesight as an attractive attribute, aahahaha
    I think its better than having glasses. I am not putting down people with glasses or anything, a lot of my own friends wear them, its just that I like being in good health and hopefully that will score me some extra points with the ladies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think its better than having glasses. I am not putting down people with glasses or anything, a lot of my own friends wear them, its just that I like being in good health and hopefully that will score me some extra points with the ladies.
    This can't be for real ? 'extra points with the ladies ' xD . I think that's why you're a supervirgin.
    And anyone who wants to tell me that that's a 'silly' or 'immature' comment and go **** their moms. Cos lets face it , the whole above paragraph doesn't really scream ' get in my bed ' does it ?

ReputationRep:
    Get drunk.
    The rest will follow.

(Not that alcohol is neccesary for being social, but severe cases and all...)

(Original post by pugnacitas)
    What is your height/weight if you don't mind me asking...
    189 cm making me just slightly taller than most other guys but not freakishly tall like a basketball player. Perfect height in my opinion.
    Weight varies, but I am currently in the 94-96 kg range with no beer belly (no visible abs either but I am not going after ultra low bodyfat).

Almost the same as you OP, though I have no problem talking to girls, I just get dumped in the friend-zone. I want a girl to like me for who I am but also find me attractive, and that's taking a long time. What IS frustrating is being told by girls that I'm "bloody good looking", but only wanting to be friends, or vice-versa, where they love my personality but aren't attracted to me (that's the most common). Though I don't feel quite as bad yet, as I'm only in my first year at uni, only 18 and a half, and have only started going out since the start of uni. So I don't really see myself as being 18, as I missed out on a lot of experiences when I was younger and far, far more shy.

ReputationRep:
    189 cm making me just slightly taller than most other guys but not freakishly tall like a basketball player. Perfect height in my opinion.
    Weight varies, but I am currently in the 94-96 kg range with no beer belly (no visible abs either but I am not going after ultra low bodyfat).
    You're 6'2" at 96kg. Pics or gtfo - that's basically the perfect height to weight ratio.

(Original post by casparticus)
    You're 6'2" at 96kg. Pics or gtfo - that's basically the perfect height to weight ratio.
    What do you mean by perfect? As in the ideal amount of muscle on a guy? Because it certainly isn't the average for people of this height, most people who don't work out or aren't fat are some 15-20kg lighter.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmm I don't think the OP is arrogant, he just states how the case is. Otherwise it would be impossible for us to evaluate his situation if he is too modest.

+ I just realized I need a clarification for one thing. What about pretentious or showy people? How are they perceived or how do you perceive them? (but please keep in mind that these people who are showy do earn their status for their hard work, but they just like manifest their hard work by showing their success )

ReputationRep:
    ego much? you're not the exception to the rule, there are plenty of guys out there just like you.

/ thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodmen)
    The fact that you are proud that you haven't tried things is pathetic. Its ok to not do these things but to be proud of it says yours a pretentious little prick. So first thing is I would drop that.

Second I would try talking to girls, what else is the ****ing solution going to be? Magic? I don't think so potter, your never going to meet someone if you sit in your room all day with a beaming smile because you avoided anything interesting in the world.
    If you've been drunk, smoked or tried drugs it doesn't make you a worse person in my opinion. However, I wouldn't say that being proud of having not done those things would make you a 'pretentious little prick'. I think you've got a big chip on your shoulder dude. With all the peer pressure and **** kids have today I think he's got a right to be proud to be honest. I, personally, have never been drunk, smoked or done drugs and whilst I'm not exactly proud as such I'm still glad I haven't been there. So get your head from up your arse, troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PearlyWhites)
    Do you really really want this? I'm not being mean, but you need to just take a chance and be brave. I think talking to girls at uni, in a relaxed way would be the easiest thing to do. You can say something like "how did u find that lecture? I didn't get it at all"...then from there you've immediately got a conversation going. And if you're a good looking guy, then I doubt you'll get a frosty reception!
    Also, haven't your male friends got anyone they can introduce you to?
    Don't do this; they'll think you're retarded.

OP, what you need is a call-girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Winnieee)
    Fine , but I'd rather be silly than an arrogant **** like you clearly are .
    kthnxbye .
    I'm not going to comment on your previous posts, you've had enough stick...but please, 'kthnxbye' (or worse, the 'kthnxbai' variation) immediately spells immaturity. It's one of those overused, trite forms of snub someone uses when they can't think of an intelligent putdown, sort of like the playground internet nerd version of 'takes one to know one'...it makes me cringe whenever someone says it. If you want to be treated with respect on here, I would recommend not jumping on the offensive - people are always going to choose something to put you down, just accept it - and keeping the 'kthnxbye's to a minimum .

And OP...I helped a really nerdy friend of mine get a girlfriend. If you want to chat about it on a personal level, PM me .

ReputationRep:
    I know that virgin threads are a dime a dozen here but I think my case is just a little bit different. Prepare yourselves for a long read:

I am 21, male and in my second year at a top 10 uni.

I do not classify myself as an ordinary virgin who simply hasn't made the final leap in their romance career. Oh no- I haven't done a thing, among others:
    -Slept with a girl
    -Kissed a girl
    -Held a girl's hand
    -Gone on a date
    -Asked a girl out
    -Flirted (at least I wasn't aware if any was going on)
    -Been drunk, tried tobacco or drugs (this is something I'm actually proud of)
    Hey. I'm a virgin too. Bit younger than you but I have no real desire/intention of 'losing it'.

After all - it's the same result as having an orgasm via masturbation.

I haven't done any of the things that you've mentioned either apart from been kissed politely on the cheek by a colleague once and have never been intoxicated (though I do consume a glass/two of wine at social events).

Do you actually feel the need to lose your virginity? Do you feel peer pressure? Or are you just curious about how society would view you?

Remember there's so much more to life than your virginity (or lack of it): e.g. friends, qualifications, career, sport, music, books, travel, politics, money, lifestyle etc. (list goes on).

I'm not sure how women would view 'lack of experience' but for me it's just not something that's important. I imagine that if you wanted a sexual relationship with a woman then it may factor in.

(Original post by effofex)

Do you actually feel the need to lose your virginity? Do you feel peer pressure? Or are you just curious about how society would view you?

Remember there's so much more to life than your virginity (or lack of it): e.g. friends, qualifications, career, sport, music, books, travel, politics, money, lifestyle etc. (list goes on).

I'm not sure how women would view 'lack of experience' but for me it's just not something that's important. I imagine that if you wanted a sexual relationship with a woman then it may factor in.
    Yes, I really do feel the need to get laid. Not desperately enough to go to a call-girl or hump the first drunk girl than I meet but this is something I really do want to do.
    And it isn't just the physical part but also the emotional one. I imagine it would be nice to have a girl with whom I can go out with, with whom I can eat dinner and then cuddle her in my arms while watching a film. This is not purely about the act of sticking an object of mine into the certain location of a female, there is so much more to it. I feel as if there is a huge section of life that I am missing out on.

And the peer pressure is very present and unlike the peer pressure to drink, this is one issue where I am in complete agreement with those pressuring me. However at this point I fully recognize that what I am doing with my supervirginity is absolutely pathetic and at my age I really should be having fun with girls (not only the physical part). Heck, even my own dad occasionally pokes a joke at me for never having had a girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    I know that virgin threads are a dime a dozen here but I think my case is just a little bit different. Prepare yourselves for a long read:

I am 21, male and in my second year at a top 10 uni.

I do not classify myself as an ordinary virgin who simply hasn't made the final leap in their romance career. Oh no- I haven't done a thing, among others:
    -Slept with a girl
    -Kissed a girl
    -Held a girl's hand
    -Gone on a date
    -Asked a girl out
    -Flirted (at least I wasn't aware if any was going on)
    -Been drunk, tried tobacco or drugs (this is something I'm actually proud of)

To put it in the words of Ned Flanders- "You name it and I haven't done it". I am a supervirgin, the very worst kind.

I don't think I am too repulsive in any way. My face is kind of average but physically I think I am the top of the game- tall (supposedly girls like this, or so I've read), great physical shape (I am a bit of an amateur weightlifter/bodybuilder, and I actually get compliments on my physique), excellent eyesight, teeth and general health.

Although I virtually lack a social life since I really don't like parties or drinking, I am able to hold a decent conversation (including with females), quite intelligent and don't think I'm completely devoid of a sense of humor. The one thing I do get accused of and which I plead guilty to is that I have a tendency to approach everything in life too rationally (though this did pay off by getting me into a good university).

The reason behind my supervirginity is in my opinion my complete and utter lack of effort to do anything to "fix" this situation. As I said I lack a social life (I "go out" maybe 7 times a year, mostly student society socials) so I don't interact with many females to begin with. And on the rare occasions that I do meet some, I have never ever tried to "make a move" or hit on a girl. Simply haven't done it even though the urges are there. Throughout my final few years of school and now in university as well (supposedly the "best years of my young life" where the norm is to go out and find members of the opposite sex to have fun with) I just did other stuff and completely cut myself off from a big section of life. No particular reason really other than that I find parties and alcohol uninteresting and I prefer to do other stuff such as pump iron, watch films, do stuff with my computer and cook.

Finally, the point of this post- the questions:

1) How put off are girls by a guy like me? As in the reasons behind my supervirginity are not a string of failures (I have in a way been following the Homer Simpson motto "Never try, never fail"), not some massive physical deformity or mental disability and not because of some principles of waiting "for the one" or any stuff like that. This supervirginity of mine is very involuntary, trust me. Just a simple complete and utter lack of effort in this field of life.
    Is this seen as freakishly strange considering my "old" age and hence off putting?

2) Am I a rare breed or are there other such involuntary supervirgins out there who are in this situation because of a simple lack of effort?

2) Am I a rare breed or are there other
    Bud join the Club. :o:
    19 Meh not worried about it for now , as long as milking is going on ..

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're just scared to put yourself out there in fear of being rejected and have consequently gone the other way

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.