Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My own personal brand of supervirginity watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Pigwigeon totally. Good for you not giving int peer pressure and ding drugs and alcohol, but on personal experience alcohol.. not too much that i don't know what i'm doing, but just a little bit allows me to feel more confident around the opposite sex, and if i'm out, i'm in the situation of I don't really know the person i'm getting intimate wth ( only kissing etc) and therefore I feel like i don't have to be embarrassed if I'm crap because i'll never really see them again.

Girls go for the guys with confidence, so try and nt to act timmid.

Yes join more clubs and societies, still within your own interests, so you're not being fake, but just the general atmosphere to opening yourself up to new ideas will give you the opportunity to meet new people and ones with different interests.

If you like people who are the same as you (currently), you are going to have some problems as they'll all be hidden in their room won't they?

Maybe you could organise a dinner party.. say for the people on your corridor (if your in halls at uni) as you like cooking.. good way to boost your status and meet people you might not have already.. get everyone to chip in on the cost, i'm sure they won't say no to someone cooking for them!

Ever thought of speed dating? Personal I think it sounds like a fun idea.. bit of a laugh... maybe you have friends who are in a similar situation, or who would just go for some fun and moral support. There will be people in the same boat and even if nothing comes of it, there's nt much to loose!

Good luck, you sound like a person with morals and that's pretty rare in a guy!

(Original post by Whitey=])
    I agree with Pigwigeon totally. Good for you not giving int peer pressure and ding drugs and alcohol, but on personal experience alcohol.. not too much that i don't know what i'm doing, but just a little bit allows me to feel more confident around the opposite sex, and if i'm out, i'm in the situation of I don't really know the person i'm getting intimate wth ( only kissing etc) and therefore I feel like i don't have to be embarrassed if I'm crap because i'll never really see them again.

Girls go for the guys with confidence, so try and nt to act timmid.

Yes join more clubs and societies, still within your own interests, so you're not being fake, but just the general atmosphere to opening yourself up to new ideas will give you the opportunity to meet new people and ones with different interests.

If you like people who are the same as you (currently), you are going to have some problems as they'll all be hidden in their room won't they?

Maybe you could organise a dinner party.. say for the people on your corridor (if your in halls at uni) as you like cooking.. good way to boost your status and meet people you might not have already.. get everyone to chip in on the cost, i'm sure they won't say no to someone cooking for them!

Ever thought of speed dating? Personal I think it sounds like a fun idea.. bit of a laugh... maybe you have friends who are in a similar situation, or who would just go for some fun and moral support. There will be people in the same boat and even if nothing comes of it, there's nt much to loose!

Good luck, you sound like a person with morals and that's pretty rare in a guy!
    I am not in a hall any more. I was in my first year but I blew my chances there- hardly ever went to the common room, didn't join in on those "hall nights out", etc.

As for societies, well to be honest I am not really interested in any that I am not already a member of.

And no I am not per se looking for other supervirgins like me (unless they're very pretty).

My quest to "get a life" continues...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

-Been drunk, tried tobacco or drugs (this is something I'm actually proud of)

The one thing I do get accused of and which I plead guilty to is that I have a tendency to approach everything in life too rationally (though this did pay off by getting me into a good university).
    What's the reason for not having tried any sort of psychoactive drugs, illegal or otherwise? To me, that just says you're either a pretentious **** or completely socially retarded.

As for the whole "rational" thing, I know loads of people (including myself) who have got into a good university without being "rational" about everything, and who enjoy their fair share of alcohol/nicotine/drugs.

So man up.

ReputationRep:
    your at a top university. I would sacrifice any thing for that. And bodybuilding puts you way ahead of the average man, whose strength and fitness is a joke lol. This should give you confidence, it would me.

ReputationRep:
    testicles - an important male organ.

1. Grow them. It might help. If you are talking to a hot female course mate, just say something like. "I'd love to continue this some other time. Wanna grab a coffee?" Simple as that. And before you say caffine is bad, drink decaf.

Rejection isn't bad. Just takes a while to learn this.

ReputationRep:
    Until recently, i would have considered myself very close in relation to your situation...
    But there are very few people out there like you, but not wanting to go to parties or drinking is perfectly fine... like i find most parties over rated, and though i enjoy drinking, i make sure i don't get drunk (for me drinking is drinking, not downing like the >sorry for the stereotyping< general american 'drinking culture')
    But just use all your assets to your advantage, like invite a group of friends round where you cook for them, and try see if you can get a few girls round too etc, where you 1) impress with your cooking & 2) meet a few new people possibly... its all about how you go about things, like i am good with my hands - massaging, tickling etc, as well as psychology lol, but its difficult just asking people, "hey you want a massage" or "Would you like me to tickle you". But I find the right environment and right occasion to post the question, or just start doing it (where usually if they are already comfortable enough they notice how good I am and allow me to continue)...
    So just take something you are good at and work on finding a way for that to get around, my for humour find food related 'horny' jokes... like marrow bone and oysters are foods which are supposed to make you horny :P

(Original post by hunty91)
    What's the reason for not having tried any sort of psychoactive drugs, illegal or otherwise? To me, that just says you're either a pretentious **** or completely socially retarded.

So man up.
    Man up and take drugs and drink? You are so messed up. Is the level of psychotropic drugs in your bloodstream a measure of how "man" someone is? I personally think that those who sniff cocaine are retarded but thats just my opinion.
    Why don't I drink? Because I really don't like the taste of alcohol as well as that of the majority of the beverages it comes in. There are a few exceptions like sweet champagne or some sweet ciders ("girly" drinks) that I find moderately tolerable. In a way I have my parents to "thank" for my disgust with alcohol- even though I didn't go to many parties with my friends, I did get dragged along to quite a few that my parents attended. Although they are far from alcoholics, sometimes they do get so drunk that they become quite obnoxious and that makes me feel very embarrassed. I don't want to turn into something like that. So thank you mom and dad for your occasional excesses with alcohol- they scared me away from that stuff for good. And of course the always obvious negative physiological effects of alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    I find parties really boring. Its very difficult to talk to people when there is loud music blazing into your ears.
    And if I do make it to a social outing and the music isn't too loud, I just don't know how to approach girls. I am at a loss at how to get things started.

I am at a top 10 uni, not going to give any more info than that. The course is generally business but I'm focusing on finance modules. There are lots of girls in my uni and on my course, some of them are quite attractive. Though I am obviously not going to walk up to them and say "Hey, you look good. Lets go out".
    Just sit next to a girl in a lecture and say hi? It's not really that hard. At least then you'll actually be talking to girls and overcome the sorta boundary you have.

ReputationRep:

2) Am I a rare breed or are there other
    Out of interest, what floats your boat in life? What are those guilty pleasure that you try and hide?

(Original post by sanelunatic)
    Out of interest, what floats your boat in life? What are those guilty pleasure that you try and hide?
    There are a few things (in no particular order):
    1) Pumping iron- I love barbells. Jogging and volleyball are nice too.
    2) Old films- there is something very magical about them, I just love watching them. One of my dreams is actually to go through all of my favorite oldies while cuddled up on a couch with a special girl.
    3) Simpsons/South Park/Family Guy, documentaries, various TV shows. Same thing as with films- watch the best of the Simpsons (seasons 2-12) with a very special girl.
    4) Cooking- I love to cook and then eat the results.
    5) Mowing the lawn, shoveling snow- occasional physical labor is nice.
    6) Finance- I aspire to become a banker, financial auditor or analyst. This is the no.1 reason I went to university.

I don't know if any of these can be classified as "guilty pleasures" but there you have them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuppie20)
    I am fully aware of the few advantages and many disadvantages drugs offer. Your argument is invalid and stupid. I can see from your v-neck and your long hair you hammer drugs to the max. He said he is proud of not having tried drugs, and even attempting to argue otherwise is both pointless and moronic. Go shove some crack up your ass you posh douche.
    Nice, long hair and V-neck are always telling signs...

I wasn't specifically talking about illegal drugs, I was actually referring to alcohol and nicotine as well. But never mind, I'll leave you guys to it.

ReputationRep:
    There are a few things (in no particular order):
    1) Pumping iron- I love barbells. Jogging and volleyball are nice too.
    2) Old films- there is something very magical about them, I just love watching them. One of my dreams is actually to go through all of my favorite oldies while cuddled up on a couch with a special girl.
    3) Simpsons/South Park/Family Guy, documentaries, various TV shows. Same thing as with films- watch the best of the Simpsons (seasons 2-12) with a very special girl.
    4) Cooking- I love to cook and then eat the results.
    5) Mowing the lawn, shoveling snow- occasional physical labor is nice.
    6) Finance- I aspire to become a banker, financial auditor or analyst. This is the no.1 reason I went to university.

I don't know if any of these can be classified as "guilty pleasures" but there you have them.
    What area of banking are you interested in? You do realise for a front office position (i assume that is what your interested in) that your will have to know how to be able to speak to people etc.... Be outgoing and confident. etc...

^--- If your only going out 7 times a year, I'm guessing your going to need to brush up on your people skills. (Good reason to go out more)

From your first post you seem to think that in life opportunities will come to you. You ask questions but will probably not go out looking for answers. I think your going about this the wrong way! You might be 'a rare breed' as you put it, but this isn't necessarily a good thing. Restricting your opportunities to meet new people is not going to get you laid. How you going to find that one person that likes you?

(Original post by sanelunatic)
    What area of banking are you interested in? You do realise for a front office position (i assume that is what your interested in) that your will have to know how to be able to speak to people etc.... Be outgoing and confident. etc...

^--- If your only going out 7 times a year, I'm guessing your going to need to brush up on your people skills. (Good reason to go out more)

From your first post you seem to think that in life opportunities will come to you. You ask questions but will probably not go out looking for answers. I think your going about this the wrong way! You might be 'a rare breed' as you put it, but this isn't necessarily a good thing. Restricting your opportunities to meet new people is not going to get you laid. How you going to find that one person that likes you?
    I doubt I'll get into front office investment banking, I was thinking more like corporate banking or something like that. I have found that in a business environment I do really well. For two summers I actually had the job of a salesman and I did really well so in a business environment, I think my people skills are there (not saying that they can't be much better).

And no, I don't think opportunities just pop up and find me by themselves. I fully understand that I have to go out "on the hunt" for them but in the area of romance, I simply have not done that.

ReputationRep:
    bloody hell the majority of people in this thread are really nasty, if they're not attempting to assert their supposed maturity by attacking a 15 yr old girl they're being abusive to the OP. Why is everyone so angry????

And OP, if you've never been drunk how do you know you don't like it? This has probably been said but i can't read every response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reisen)
    bloody hell the majority of people in this thread are really nasty, if they're not attempting to assert their supposed maturity by attacking a 15 yr old girl they're being abusive to the OP. Why is everyone so angry????

And OP, if you've never been drunk how do you know you don't like it? This has probably been said but i can't read every response.

Attached Images

(Original post by reisen)

Yes, I have discussed why I don't like alcohol in previous posts but here are the main points:
    1) I have seen what being drunk can make people into and I have not liked the results
    2) I really don't like the taste of alcohol
    3) Alcohol is essentially a poison. Why would I want to consume excessive amounts of poison?

ReputationRep:
    No particular reason really other than that I find parties and alcohol uninteresting and I prefer to do other stuff such as pump iron, watch films, do stuff with my computer and cook.

1) How put off are girls by a guy like me? As in the reasons behind my supervirginity are not a string of failures (I have in a way been following the Homer Simpson motto "Never try, never fail")
    Are you actually a troll?

If not, read on :facepalm:

DUHHHH WHAT DO YOU THINK? You expect girls to come on to you? You're a MAN, so act like a MAN. Men do manly things like come onto girls, so come onto girls and watch your success rise. You answeredyour own question

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have discussed why I don't like alcohol in previous posts but here are the main points:
    1) I have seen what being drunk can make people into and I have not liked the results
    2) I really don't like the taste of alcohol
    3) Alcohol is essentially a poison. Why would I want to consume excessive amounts of poison?
    But you can drink sensibly, stay in control and have a good time. I don't think many people like that taste of vodka but loads of people drink it because of the effects. Yeah can't really argue with the last point, I personally feel it's worth the small amount of reversible damage. As long as you drink sensibly the chances are your health will stay in tact.
    It sounds like you're not really unhappy with your life but you're just concerned you might be missing out because you've been living safely so there's only one way to find out! I might actually read through the thread now :o:

(Original post by Winnieee)
    This can't be for real ? 'extra points with the ladies ' xD . I think that's why you're a supervirgin.
    And anyone who wants to tell me that that's a 'silly' or 'immature' comment and go **** their moms. Cos lets face it , the whole above paragraph doesn't really scream ' get in my bed ' does it ?
    Marry me

ReputationRep:
    Marry me
    xD I'm not really into marrying anonymous folk . Soz

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.