Turn on thread page Beta

My own personal brand of supervirginity watch

ReputationRep:
    darling, getting into one of those uni's was great!
    But you need to find a girl man!
    What if you leave it too late and you have no one to celebrate your achievements with?
    what if you end up alone, being at uni is a good place to find a girl, do it, before its too late

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I know that virgin threads are a dime a dozen here but I think my case is just a little bit different. Prepare yourselves for a long read:

I am 21, male and in my second year at a top 10 uni.

I do not classify myself as an ordinary virgin who simply hasn't made the final leap in their romance career. Oh no- I haven't done a thing, among others:
    -Slept with a girl
    -Kissed a girl
    -Held a girl's hand
    -Gone on a date
    -Asked a girl out
    -Flirted (at least I wasn't aware if any was going on)
    -Been drunk, tried tobacco or drugs (this is something I'm actually proud of)

To put it in the words of Ned Flanders- "You name it and I haven't done it". I am a supervirgin, the very worst kind.

I don't think I am too repulsive in any way. My face is kind of average but physically I think I am the top of the game- tall (supposedly girls like this, or so I've read), great physical shape (I am a bit of an amateur weightlifter/bodybuilder, and I actually get compliments on my physique), excellent eyesight, teeth and general health.

Although I virtually lack a social life since I really don't like parties or drinking, I am able to hold a decent conversation (including with females), quite intelligent and don't think I'm completely devoid of a sense of humor. The one thing I do get accused of and which I plead guilty to is that I have a tendency to approach everything in life too rationally (though this did pay off by getting me into a good university).

The reason behind my supervirginity is in my opinion my complete and utter lack of effort to do anything to "fix" this situation. As I said I lack a social life (I "go out" maybe 7 times a year, mostly student society socials) so I don't interact with many females to begin with. And on the rare occasions that I do meet some, I have never ever tried to "make a move" or hit on a girl. Simply haven't done it even though the urges are there. Throughout my final few years of school and now in university as well (supposedly the "best years of my young life" where the norm is to go out and find members of the opposite sex to have fun with) I just did other stuff and completely cut myself off from a big section of life. No particular reason really other than that I find parties and alcohol uninteresting and I prefer to do other stuff such as pump iron, watch films, do stuff with my computer and cook.

Finally, the point of this post- the questions:

1) How put off are girls by a guy like me? As in the reasons behind my supervirginity are not a string of failures (I have in a way been following the Homer Simpson motto "Never try, never fail"), not some massive physical deformity or mental disability and not because of some principles of waiting "for the one" or any stuff like that. This supervirginity of mine is very involuntary, trust me. Just a simple complete and utter lack of effort in this field of life.
    Is this seen as freakishly strange considering my "old" age and hence off putting?

2) Am I a rare breed or are there other such involuntary supervirgins out there who are in this situation because of a simple lack of effort?

2) Am I a rare breed or are there other

Can you give me some advice?

I am a 19 year old male, at a top 30 uni, never kissed a girl/had a gf / sex etc. Virgin.
    I can have sex if i want there are 2 girls who have tried to but i want to wait till im in a relationship for the 'right' girl.
    Should i just have sex now? Would you change things if you could.

ReputationRep:
    Just meet more women. Everyone lies under a bell curve and somewhere right at the edge there's someone for you. Simple as really

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'm a 21-year-old female 'supervirgin' (I love that word, I'm gonna start using it haha!). Go SVs :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean it nastily.. but I honestly think you've you've missed out by not making those decisions whilst younger. Drinking, smoking etc.. isn't that part of growing up? Social events help to realise so so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinklemonade-xo)
    I don't mean it nastily.. but I honestly think you've you've missed out by not making those decisions whilst younger. Drinking, smoking etc.. isn't that part of growing up? Social events help to realise so so much.
    It's not a necessity. I personally would never do this, though I don't have problems getting women either. OP just needs to put himself out there.

ReputationRep:
    Start drinking. Keep drinking. Everything will fall into place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodmen)
    The fact that you are proud that you haven't tried things is pathetic. Its ok to not do these things but to be proud of it says yours a pretentious little prick. So first thing is I would drop that.

Second I would try talking to girls, what else is the ****ing solution going to be? Magic? I don't think so potter, your never going to meet someone if you sit in your room all day with a beaming smile because you avoided anything interesting in the world.
    I know this was months ago but still, :rofl:

Why, I believe I fall into this category! Although I am only 19. Apart from that, male SV all the way. We could perhaps form a club where we talk about our anti-social lives. None of us would turn up of course, but we would at least know that an establishment exists in our honour.

ReputationRep:
    Hey OP.

Something is only a problem for you if YOU yourself have an issue with it. If you are happy being a "supervirgin" then that's fine. If you are embaressed about being a supervirgin and would like to find a girlfriend then that's fine too and you will succeed if you try I'm sure.

In my experience there are more "supervirgin" females than there are males, especially in the nerdy "academic" area of life. If I were you I'd find a female "supervirgin" and that way you'll have more in common (or less, whatever way you look at it) and you can help each other "learn".

You're still young!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinklemonade-xo)
    I was a 'supervirgin' until I was 23. I've never tried smoking a cigarette but I do drink and I've drunk alcohol since I was a young child.

I fail to see how my teenage years were any different to someone elses just because I wasn't having sex or smoking as they were. What have they learned that I can't learn in adult life? Was I not enjoying my youth as much as them? I think so.

If anything, I'd say leaving it later gives you a better understanding of life, relationships and sex. I'm wiser in the world than my younger counterparts even though I'm physically less experienced. I can catch up with my physical experience, but they may always have regrets about doing things so young.

Swings and roundabouts, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know that virgin threads are a dime a dozen here but I think my case is just a little bit different. Prepare yourselves for a long read:

I am 21, male and in my second year at a top 10 uni.

I do not classify myself as an ordinary virgin who simply hasn't made the final leap in their romance career. Oh no- I haven't done a thing, among others:
    -Slept with a girl
    -Kissed a girl
    -Held a girl's hand
    -Gone on a date
    -Asked a girl out
    -Flirted (at least I wasn't aware if any was going on)
    -Been drunk, tried tobacco or drugs (this is something I'm actually proud of)

To put it in the words of Ned Flanders- "You name it and I haven't done it". I am a supervirgin, the very worst kind.

I don't think I am too repulsive in any way. My face is kind of average but physically I think I am the top of the game- tall (supposedly girls like this, or so I've read), great physical shape (I am a bit of an amateur weightlifter/bodybuilder, and I actually get compliments on my physique), excellent eyesight, teeth and general health.

Although I virtually lack a social life since I really don't like parties or drinking, I am able to hold a decent conversation (including with females), quite intelligent and don't think I'm completely devoid of a sense of humor. The one thing I do get accused of and which I plead guilty to is that I have a tendency to approach everything in life too rationally (though this did pay off by getting me into a good university).

The reason behind my supervirginity is in my opinion my complete and utter lack of effort to do anything to "fix" this situation. As I said I lack a social life (I "go out" maybe 7 times a year, mostly student society socials) so I don't interact with many females to begin with. And on the rare occasions that I do meet some, I have never ever tried to "make a move" or hit on a girl. Simply haven't done it even though the urges are there. Throughout my final few years of school and now in university as well (supposedly the "best years of my young life" where the norm is to go out and find members of the opposite sex to have fun with) I just did other stuff and completely cut myself off from a big section of life. No particular reason really other than that I find parties and alcohol uninteresting and I prefer to do other stuff such as pump iron, watch films, do stuff with my computer and cook.

Finally, the point of this post- the questions:

1) How put off are girls by a guy like me? As in the reasons behind my supervirginity are not a string of failures (I have in a way been following the Homer Simpson motto "Never try, never fail"), not some massive physical deformity or mental disability and not because of some principles of waiting "for the one" or any stuff like that. This supervirginity of mine is very involuntary, trust me. Just a simple complete and utter lack of effort in this field of life.
    Is this seen as freakishly strange considering my "old" age and hence off putting?

2) Am I a rare breed or are there other such involuntary supervirgins out there who are in this situation because of a simple lack of effort?

2) Am I a rare breed or are there other
    Your problem is you're boring. You sound like you don't really do anything or try anything, and especially make no effort whatsoever to foster a social life.

Just get out more, if a friend invites you somewhere than go. Network, build up your social circle(s). Drink a beer with your friends once in a while if it helps to fit in.

You're a virgin as you admit yourself because you make no effort whatsoever to pursue women.

You seem to have invested all your efforts into your academic and career orientated aspects of your life and that is fine...but there has to be some balance...you know yourself best and you know you can probably handle a bit of effort in meeting people.

ReputationRep:
    is OP a closet gay?

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I was a 'supervirgin' until I was 23. I've never tried smoking a cigarette but I do drink and I've drunk alcohol since I was a young child.

I fail to see how my teenage years were any different to someone elses just because I wasn't having sex or smoking as they were. What have they learned that I can't learn in adult life? Was I not enjoying my youth as much as them? I think so.

If anything, I'd say leaving it later gives you a better understanding of life, relationships and sex. I'm wiser in the world than my younger counterparts even though I'm physically less experienced. I can catch up with my physical experience, but they may always have regrets about doing things so young.

Swings and roundabouts, I guess.
    Hey do I qualify for the title of "supervirgin" too? (love the word btw, should be in the dictionary. and while were on that idea, girls SHOULD NOT be defined as "supervirgin" its a male only affliction for various reasons) Anyway yeah I havent done any thing except hold a girls hand yeah yeah ultra sad i know, but so do i qualify?

ReputationRep:
    you're not the only one I've never done any of that stuff either (I'm 18)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.