Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon please

About a few weeks ago, I started texting this girl i like who is also a good friend of one of my mates, Ive liked her ever since i saw her way back in november when i came back from uni, but i relied on my mate to get her out (there is a much MUCH longer story to this which il go over roughly later haha).

Only about a couple of weeks ago i finally found some balls and texted her how i felt. We met up at a pub, played some pool, she is a very very nice person, but as i have a confidence issue, i felt very quiet although i did make most of the conversations. I texted her aftwerwards saying "sorry i was quiet blah blah", she said i wasnt quiet at all! A week later i invited her out on the town, she doesnt usually text back much or she takes aages to text back, in the end she didnt come out but i invited her out the next night as i was going back to uni monday. It turns out that my mate who shes friends with had already invited her out as you see before all of this happened i relied on him getting her out, he promised me one week that she was coming out saturday night, i then got a text that day saying "sorry not coming out, taking a girl out"(he had split from his ex that week) i then found out from my other mates that it was her he was taking out, even though he knew i had liked her for ages.

Then that night lots of bad things happened, one of my mates got proper drunk, kissed my mates ex and sent a picture to him, left threatening answer messages etc etc, i tryed to stay out of it as much as i could as i knew it was wrong even though he had done something stupid to me, the next day i just texted him saying "thanks for ******* everything up", he then phoned me and expalined everything saying "only went out as mates " and "ive put in a good word for you" blah blah blah. I do now fogive him though, as he didnt want to come out that night because of hs ex.

So to cut a long story short he basically told her he couldnt see her and that he wouldnt go out with her the night I invited her out instead we both went out with her and my mate explained to her everything that had happened (before I got there thanks god!) and that i am interested in her. It was a good, fun night played some pool, few drinks and my feelings are still strong for her but i just feel she doesnt feel the same way about me, its been a week now and i texted her today sasking hows her week blah blah blah and no reply, 4 hours later, do you think i should phone her up tomorrow as im back next weekend and i was going to invite her out? I know she is also seeing other people but i feel as if i havent been given a chance and that i havent shown her my true self. what should i do? I dont want to sound too clingy, which is why i havent texted her all week. Im pretty usleless at getting over people, id be pretty upset if she doesnt reply all weekend, as i cant really see what ive done wrong for her not to reply.

ReputationRep:
    Take the hint mate!

ReputationRep:
    You've made hella effort. Now stop and let her come to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by judicious)
    Take the hint mate!
    TL;DR

But I trust this guy and say you should take his advice innit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.