Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im in year 11 and im thinking of taking physics at a college (long road sixth form) where 77% get D-U in physics; with the OCR Advancing Physics (B).

I might take it, but if i dont get a C or B - I will be annoyed as I am aiming for around ABB when I finish college.

Is it worth taking the risk?

Im B for maths, A for science, but physics isnt my strongest area, but algebra is..

ReputationRep:
    Well basically everyone on TSR hates that particular physics syllabus. I mean, the actual exams are ridiculous and ridiculously marked, but the actual course isn't too bad, and if you don't stick rigidly to it it's actually pretty interesting. Except the coursework which is really, really annoying.
    Anyway, lots of people have lots of different opinions on the difficulty/interest of A-Level physics, so it's kind hard for us to decide for you.
    I think physics is awesome, and, for the most part, pretty easy, and am on that exam spec.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 23, 2010

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.