Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

marrying more than 1 illegal, prostitution isn't watch

ReputationRep:
    I think the reason its not illegal is because that would drive it underground which would not stop it from occurring and would make it less safe for the prostitutes and the clients, I think it should be legalised and regulated, its always going to be around and its best to make it safe, and expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Komakino)
    I think the reason its not illegal is because that would drive it underground which would not stop it from occurring and would make it less safe for the prostitutes and the clients, I think it should be legalised and regulated, its always going to be around and its best to make it safe, and expensive.
    or better it should be banned and those who indulge in it should be punished so that gradually it is almost non-existent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saalih)
    or better it should be banned and those who indulge in it should be punished so that gradually it is almost non-existent
    That won't stop it, it will just drive it underground, making it more dangerous for all. People will always pay for that kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    That won't stop it, it will just drive it underground, making it more dangerous for all. People will always pay for that kind of thing.
    it will surely limit it

ReputationRep:
    it will surely limit it
    I think legitimising and properly regulating it would do a better job of limiting it. If it's underground it can't really be controlled.

ReputationRep:
    it will surely limit it
    Well of course its all hypothetical at this stage, but research suggests regulation slows down the demand, as of course it would cost more.

ReputationRep:
    Well of course its all hypothetical at this stage, but research suggests regulation slows down the demand, as of course it would cost more.
    yes more cost means less people indulging in it because many people find it cheap so they get involved in it...so banning will surely have more benefits, add to that punishment for those who are cought...that is even better..have to have a society which respects women...

ReputationRep:
    yes more cost means less people indulging in it because many people find it cheap so they get involved in it...so banning will surely have more benefits, add to that punishment for those who are cought...that is even better..have to have a society which respects women...
    Regulation would make it cost more, substantially more, not banning it, the cost difference would be minimal if it were pushed underground. People are already punishable for curb crawling. Respecting women doesn't just happen through banning prostitution.

ReputationRep:
    i'm against both of those things but i dont really understand your point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    i'm against both of those things but i dont really understand your point.
    My point or the OP's?

ReputationRep:
    My point or the OP's?
    The OP's.

ReputationRep:
    . Respecting women doesn't just happen through banning prostitution.
    at least respect does not happen through allowing prostitution that's for sure....

but banning it is one of many ways of giving them respect and dignity

ReputationRep:
    at least respect does not happen through allowing prostitution that's for sure....

Unfortunately it's not that simple as I have already noted.

ReputationRep:
    at least respect does not happen through allowing prostitution that's for sure.
    In your opinion.

In your opinion. In other peoples opinion, banning a mysoginstic and sexist ideology such as Islam might be one of many ways we can show respect and dignity to women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greens)
    In your opinion.

In your opinion. In other peoples opinion, banning a mysoginstic and sexist ideology such as Islam might be one of many ways we can show respect and dignity to women.
    i said it before and i say it again, take out religion and still prostitution is degrading women, go ask an atheist would he like his daughter to grow and become a prostitute?

no child no matter where she is born would say "when i grow up i want to become a doctor/engineer/scientist/prostitute"

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.