Turn on thread page Beta

Can't tell if I feel sick or hungry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether i have a tolerance to anything. I am not allergic to anything, and havent really monitored the affects of different foods.

But i get a feeling that feels like im hungry, like hungry sick, an empty feeling. Ive had it for around five years.

Lately it has got worse, in like, the last two years. I normally wake up feeling sick, and go to bed feeling sick, even though i clearly eat enough :/

I'm not over-weight at all, my BMI is 22. I wouldnt say i was really skinny either. Just normal. But im afraid if i dont sort it out, im gonna keep eating when im not hungry, but just unwell. If it helps, ive always had a sensitive stomach. A doctor at a hospital told me, sometimes young stomachs can hurt for no reason. Im not happy with this explaination.

Any suggestions? X

ReputationRep:
    I get that a lot. My doctor gave me some anti-nausea pills, but they didn't work. Do you still feel sick after you've eaten something?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Try some pepto-bismol from Boots or something, should sort out any stomach sensitivity issues and remove some nausea.

ReputationRep:
    Yes just lately i have been feeling hungry sick straight after i have eaten.

You know when you've eaten too much and you feel sick. Its nothing like that. Its like you havent eaten for hours and hours. But i get when i have eaten enough :/

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you've got the same sort of thing as me. Never managed to find anything to cure it though. I did wonder if it might sometimes be stress-related, cos it seems to go away for a while then come back.

ReputationRep:
    Try going to the toilet. I know it sounds lame, but it always helps me? :shrugs:

ReputationRep:
    Are u on any medication that it might be a side effect of?
    I know erythromycin does that to me whenever I'm on it.

ReputationRep:
    I have been getting this lately, and a poor stomach, so wil lsubscribe to this thread
    Wasn't any help sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Well I do have problems with stress. My mum has anxiety problems and i think i might be getting it. Dont know why i am soo young but there yaa go.

Some people have said they have something like this for a while couple of months, but ive had it for years :/

Im not allergic to anything as i said, but im thinking about trying to cut out something one at a time? Im quite an ill person tbh, there is nothing physically wrong.

If it helps you help me, these are the symptoms ive been getting;

- Obviously feeling hungry all the time
    - Irritable
    - Bad sleeper
    - Headaches

ive had a blood test and nothing is irregular. this is what i dont understand :/

X

ReputationRep:
    BTW: it doesnt come and go. This is every day.

ReputationRep:
    And im not on medication. X

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you have a tapeworm? ...

I don't really think you're going to get much of a diagnosis on here. Have you explained the severity of your symptoms to a doctor at all, recently? If you haven't, you should - it could be something unlikely but serious wrong with your stomach or organs.

Long shot, but try eating something with ginger in. I find that always helps nauseum for me, but I've never experienced quite what you describe. Worth a try, if only to alleviate it a little.

ReputationRep:
    I know that people cant like tell me what it is. I just wanted to see if other people had experienced the same as me. Then maybe they know what it is. Ive explained all the symptoms to the doctor, then they said they would give me a blood test. All came back alright. They tested me for everything.

It seems like im never satisfied with food, and lately im getting a little fustrated really :/ And ive been eating waaay too much, because im soo desperate to feel alright.

X

ReputationRep:
    I used to get the same thing as you, went to my doctor and it turned out I had developed Coeliac disease (allergic to gluten) after stressing out over all my uni work.

Your best bet is to go to the doctors and explain everything to them

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm thats interesting. My best friend has Coeliac disease. And i would go to the doctors again but it seems they wont do anything about it, because physically, they cannnot detect anything wronggg. :/

X

ReputationRep:
    It could be an acid problem. GERD or something.
    It could be something called Helicobactor pylori. Which quite a lot of people have, but most are asymptomatic..
    Could be coeliac disease.

Go and get a blood test and ask about those three things. Don't rely on your doctor to get to the bottom of it.

I feel the same way as you a lot of the time. But i'm scared of doctors :o:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm they mentioned something to do with acid. :/
    But wouldnt it have shown up on the test?

X

ReputationRep:
    No it wouldn't. They can do endoscopies and things, but they'd try meds first.

And H. Pylori and Coeliac aren't routinely tested for.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm interesting. Sooo i should go back and ask about these three; Helicobactor pylori, Coeliac and GERD?

X

ReputationRep:
    Yep! Go, go, go!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.