Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this tomorrow :sigh: I've been managing A's on past papers up to now so hopefully it shouldn't go too badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuriso)
    I'm doing this tomorrow :sigh: I've been managing A's on past papers up to now so hopefully it shouldn't go too badly.
    Good for you! You should do fine, I on the other hand have been averaging Ds... planning to resit though in June!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junker)
    Yep I love core too but D1 urghh. Oh well, we can always resit in june with 4 months to practice; my plan anyway.
    Good plan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NCIShippo)
    :ninja: I have this as well :eek:

Anyone understand this upper and lower bound thing?
    Upper bound : Nearest neighbour, joining from final node back to start node.
    Lower bound : Remove a node and it's arcs, find a minimum connector for the rest and then add the 2 shortest arcs back from the node you removed.

I think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeyBee)
    Upper bound - use prims and once covered all nodes return to the start by any means
    Isn't it different to prims in that the arc you choose at each step has to be from the last node you picked?

Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to sleep, good luck alllllllllll

ReputationRep:
    What a crock of ****

ReputationRep:
    That had some tricky stuff in it, i'm not particularly confident about my answers to the LP problem.
    Anybody else get (4,0) as optimum point? My reasoning is that the others had decimals so couldn't be used . . .

ReputationRep:
    I got a point not on the line, but near one of the decimal crossing points. I think my answer was 69 or something at the end lol.
    What scaling did you use for the graph?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HitTheLights)
    That had some tricky stuff in it, i'm not particularly confident about my answers to the LP problem.
    Anybody else get (4,0) as optimum point? My reasoning is that the others had decimals so couldn't be used . . .
    I think I got (3,7), the actual vertex was (24/7,something else) but obviously it had to be integers. That relies on my constraints being right though! I hate having to work out the constraints myself.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got x=4, y=6, therefore maximum is 72

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrishalliday7)
    I think I got (3,7), the actual vertex was (24/7,something else) but obviously it had to be integers. That relies on my constraints being right though! I hate having to work out the constraints myself.
    I got the same and so did my friends so I think this was the correct answer...X = 3, Y = 7 and Z = 2 (total 12)

Longest paper ever.....couldn't finish in time

EDIT: Btw anyone else spent way too loooong on the packing question ......if it wasnt for that question I would have finished the paper...

ReputationRep:
    I couldnt do the last question or the linear programming and a big handful of others Think I could do the simplex one though.

ReputationRep:
    packing one was ridiculous. "List 30 items in decreasing order" twice, seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InsaneBob)
    packing one was ridiculous. "List 30 items in decreasing order" twice, seriously?
    Yeah! Waste of my time!

I managed to finish with about 15 mins left so was happy with that.

Also the LP question, I got the max to be 79 I think.

What values did people get in the Simplex question? I got P=16, x=8 y=z=0 (if I remember correctly).

ReputationRep:
    hi guys! just did this paper too, that packing question was ridiculous, and the linear programming with the gym members took me ages to figure out, i think i ended up with x=3, y=7 and so z=2. That question with the 1/4n formula on the last page was horrible too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devonshir3)
    hi guys! just did this paper too, that packing question was ridiculous, and the linear programming with the gym members took me ages to figure out, i think i ended up with x=3, y=7 and so z=2. That question with the 1/4n formula on the last page was horrible too
    I couldn't do it but for the simplex one yeah I think I got P=16 x=8. Defo gona have to resit and focus on getting 100% on lovely FP1

ReputationRep:
    I withdrew myself from this exam this morning :P

ReputationRep:
    Epic fail :shot: I'm going to be resitting in June :sigh: and that packing question :shakecane:. Most of people I spoke to found it fairly difficult so hopefully the grade boundaries will be quite low, I'm hoping for another 53/72 = A but it probably won't happen :nn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrazyKro)
    EDIT: Btw anyone else spent way too loooong on the packing question ......if it wasnt for that question I would have finished the paper...
    Yep.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAABBDCCCDBBBBBBBBB

Think I sprained a finger.

Some really tough questions on that paper.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 6, 2010

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.