Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UK Parliamentary General Election 2010 watch

• View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
    Labour Party
    20.90%
    Liberal Democrats
    34.70%
    Conservative Party
    24.25%
    United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP)
    4.66%
    Green Party
    3.73%
    British National Party (BNP)
    2.43%
    Scottish National Party (SNP)
    0.93%
    Plaid Cymru Party
    0.56%
    Other Party (let us know!)
    2.05%
    None of them ('wasted' vote)
    1.87%
    Don't know (floating vote)
    3.92%

ReputationRep:
    The conservatives have a strong manifesto but possibly retain a 'nasty' image from Thatcher. I think that labours prospects are poor because it is universally agreed that no-one likes Gordon Brown and the goverment is tarred with economic mismanagement and a steady erosion of civil liberties. Does this mean we could possibly expect a UKIP, Lib Dem or BNP government? or more realistically, a Hung parliament? /discuss

ReputationRep:
    As Richard Prior once said in a brilliant film. None of the above!

Naaa I'm most likely voting Green or Lib Dem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sycophant)
    The conservatives have a strong manifesto but possibly retain a 'nasty' image from Thatcher. I think that labours prospects are poor because it is universally agreed that no-one likes Gordon Brown and the goverment is tarred with economic mismanagement and a steady erosion of civil liberties. Does this mean we could possibly expect a UKIP, Lib Dem or BNP government? or more realistically, a Hung parliament? /discuss
    Hung parliament's a possibility, but I seriously doubt that UKIP, the BNP or the Lib Dems will get in power.

ReputationRep:
    Lib Dem's. Hopefully everyone will realise its the best thing for us. Not voting them is like voting in bush or palin over Obama...

ReputationRep:
    Lib Dem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sycophant)
    I'm not so sure that the Thatcher connection is particularly nasty or hampers their chances of succes at a general election in some places. I know many people, especially where i live, that would have Maggie back given the chance. As for Labour, I hope to God people don't believe their proven bull****, especially with old Tony back on the scene.

Most likely outcome i reckon is a Conservative government with a small majority of seats, well hopefully anyway. If not, a hung parliament with the Lib Dems playing the key role, despite what they claim they surely cannot believe they have a chance of forming a government on their own?

ReputationRep:
    Lib Dem as well.

ReputationRep:
    if you dont want more years of labour, do not vote lib dem.

if the tories do not win this election, with UKIP scoring a reasonable amount of seats, it is most likely by the next general election the outcome will be irrelevent, as we will be so deep into political unification as to have no say in the running of our country.

ReputationRep:
    With all the people who say they are going vote Lib Dem, maybe they might improve on the 23% of the popular vote they recieved in 2005? Why does everyone say they will vote Lib Dem, and then, well, don't?

ReputationRep:
    Labour.

ReputationRep:
    Presumably nobody, since chances are there won't be an election in June. I'm voting Tory at the next election though.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be voting Labourrr.

ReputationRep:
    Lib dem

ReputationRep:
    Lib Dems without a shadow of a doubt

ReputationRep:
    Liberal Democrats.

ReputationRep:
    May.

Abstaining, probably.

ReputationRep:
    lib dems!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm totally new to British politics, could some one give me a crash course, brief as possible, on the parties policies etc? Yeah yeah I'm googling it too..

ReputationRep:
    Aren't most who vote for lib dems basically.. wasting a vote? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the hung parliament. Why would it be good or bad?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.