Turn on thread page Beta

On a sinking ship, there are no atheists. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Because God smites them, yes?

There are no atheists because the atheists jump off the ship and swim away while the theists remain thinking their god will save them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GetTheeToANunnery)
    And even then it's not an argument against atheism, but against foxholes.
    Against foxholes?
    It is more likely to be arguing against the consistency of the most ardent atheist.

ReputationRep:
    There are no religious people on a sinking ship.
    If there were, they wouldn't panic and they'll just be happy to finally go to their master that will reward them with a castle in the clouds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chica_chica)
    Against foxholes?
    It is more likely to be arguing against the consistency of the most ardent atheist.
    Nope, got to disagree there.

I see it as a commentary on how the most foul man-made situations - such as being trapped in a foxhole during a modern battle - corrupt the mind with terror.

Although I can see where you're coming from..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GetTheeToANunnery)
    Nope, got to disagree there.

I see it as a commentary on how the most foul man-made situations - such as being trapped in a foxhole during a modern battle - corrupt the mind with terror.

Although I can see where you're coming from..
    Yes they corrupt a mind with terror, but they also sometimes might make someone completely change their views, whether it's on religion or something else.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.