Turn on thread page Beta

To all sky customers.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I read with anger the proposed rise in sky television charges (the current 38 a month price will increase to 40).

So I would be interested to see if this price rise will have an effect on the number of subscribers to the sky service.

So I am asking all you sky customers your views on the price rise and would you be cancelling your subscription (yes I know your parents probly pay fot it but still...).

What is the maximum price you would pay a month for sky...because sky introduce annual increases and within a few years the price will exceed 50 a month for the biggest package?

I wouldn't pay anything over 40 a month for sky..its a matter of principles. I already feel like a mug having to pay these increased prices year after year.

ReputationRep:
    i dont ahve it but its like only a £2 rise

ReputationRep:
    The movies and all the extras were on a special offer for the christmas hols!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiedaboss)
    I read with anger the proposed rise in sky television charges (the current 38 a month price will increase to 40).

So I would be interested to see if this price rise will have an effect on the number of subscribers to the sky service.

So I am asking all you sky customers your views on the price rise and would you be cancelling your subscription (yes I know your parents probly pay fot it but still...).

What is the maximum price you would pay a month for sky...because sky introduce annual increases and within a few years the price will exceed 50 a month for the biggest package?

I wouldn't pay anything over 40 a month for sky..its a matter of principles. I already feel like a mug having to pay these increased prices year after year.
    As long as I live with my parents, I dont give a damn, at the end of the day my parents pay all that. However me personally, I would be p*ssed, cause I could get like a 200p mix up or something.

ReputationRep:
    sky is awful i'am on ntl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiedaboss)

ask in september when i have to decide for myself.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    ask in september when i have to decide for myself.

love Katy ***
    Ntl offer a cheaper package. You can get your cable and Broadband all for like 25 quid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Ntl offer a cheaper package. You can get your cable and Broadband all for like 25 quid.
    as i said b4 sky is **** ntl are better

ReputationRep:
    yep i have ntl

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that all sky subscibers should have to pay a reduced TV licence fee. I mean the BBC do get money from Sky for their channels anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIGTIG)
    as i said b4 sky is **** ntl are better
    Yes, and like I said before, crap falls from the sky.

*Happy mods, see, I didn't swear*

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and like I said before, crap falls from the sky.

*Happy mods, see, I didn't swear*
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Sky is excellent!
    NTL broadband sucks - you can only download 1gb of data per day!

Blueyonder rocks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    Sky is excellent!
    NTL broadband sucks - you can only download 1gb of data per day!

Blueyonder rocks.
    Pipex is decent too. however let us not stem away from the topic, the question was about cable/sky not internet connections.

ReputationRep:
    What a con! Sky has been going up ever since it switched to digital. First it was £30, then £32 and now £40. It's not worth it. When a film comes out that I want to see, I just rent it at the video shop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timmy Tapeworm)
    What a con! Sky has been going up ever since it switched to digital. First it was £30, then £32 and now £40. It's not worth it. When a film comes out that I want to see, I just rent it at the video shop.
    what package is that? is it the one with all the films/sports?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the premium package

ReputationRep:
    sky pretty much have the monopoly, cable isn't up to scratch, so they are going to continue increasing the prices. I hate sky and everything they stand for, but I still have it because there are no decent alternatives.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt two pounds extra will be enough for my parents to cancel subscribtion.

ReputationRep:
    sky has been going downhill recently IMO.
    i mean, they hardly ever show good movies on sky movies anymore. you have to wait till like 8pm for some decent mvies to come on. during the day it is a load of bull.

i hardly ever watch it anymore, caus there is nothing ever good on.
    The only things i do watch are GOOD FILMS, and John Doe on Sci-fi which will end pretty soon. They are a bunch of idiots for raising the prices. You could understand the raise if you saw that the quality of programs were inceasing, but they are not.

If they do not do something about this, i will be forced to ask my parents to stop the subscriptions for sky and get broadband. Then i will downlaod movies, instead of having to wait for sky to get some proper movies showing all the time.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.