The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Interview:Offer Ratio

I've heard that when you're invited for an interview at Imperial you're virtually guaranteed of a offer. Are there any courses where this is not the case (or where this is especially the case)? Also, how long would one have to wait (usually) for an offer after an interview. Any replies will be appreciated!
Reply 1
Depends on the subject.
With medicine definitely not and I think physics. I got told at my mech eng interview that we'd all pretty much get an offer but only because it was so early (4th November).
I got an offer about a week after my interview but people on here hav had to wait months.
So yeah...depends on the subject really.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
So basically the whole engineering faculty? What abt EEE, Biomedical, Civil and Aero?
Reply 3
I think you're reading into it too much. Yes, Imperial filter out the ones they don't want pre-interview so not to waste their time (and yours), but it doesn't mean you will get an offer (I don't need to tell you that). Granted, the majority of people I know who got an interview also got an offer, however a few have been rejected. If they don't like you, your attitude towards the interview, or doubt your true ability beyond memorisation (Computing will test your adaptation and problem thinking skills by presenting you with problems that are designed above what you would be expected to solve independently but want to test how you cope and respond), you can probably expect to be rejected. Even if you got statistics back saying 99% of interviewees are made an offer, it won't make your interview any easier. In fact, if you relax too much you risk lacking any kind of drive and could be rejected just for that.

Good luck with your interview, though :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending