Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Maturity)
    The older I get the more I see the Governemnt as the enemy :mad: .
    totally. but at least we get to choose which party runs our country, rather than someone just being born with power (like the monarchy). So really the educational system can be affected by the general public if we choose the right party we beleive will make a better educational system.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Exams are becoming easier, and students are learning to pass the exam, not actually learning the subject.

(Original post by cpj1987)
    I don't believe that they're getting more intelligent, as I don't believe that intelligence has anything to do with grades.
    However, I do think that advances in technology and the schooling system are enabling children to learn much more quickly than in the past - taking exams at younger ages, and having a wealth of information/resources at their fingertips.
    ^ This. I don't believe tests are becoming easier, but simply the preparation is much more effective for being able to score higher marks.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.