Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically my ex i was engaged to for just over a year, I was with till september last year and well we split up and went our seperate ways and thats another story. If i'm completely honest i don't have feelings for her anymore but i still care for her if that makes sense and we generally just get on now as mates. Anyway she got with another lad and i knew him beforehand and have never liked him. She stopped speaking to me to not cause problems between him and her so i cut her off completely and that was that.

Anyway he left her a few days ago, basically just walked out told her he loves her but his head was a mess and well now he sounds like hes made his decision and cut all contact.

Shes randomly started speaking to me and before last night been saying a lot of suicidal things to me and alsorts of stuff, i thought it was just the usual broken heart blues and it was nothing so just said she'll be fine and keep her chin up, he doesnt deserve her etc and that everything would be ok.

She has a baby not mine or anything but still she lives alone and well last night got into a big mess, she tried to make a statement and took a few pills, nothing completely harmful but i went round and sorted her out, cheered her up and made sure she'd be ok but i'm really worried about her.

As the lad she was with is a sorta mate of mine from a while back i know all his mates as well so today i've tried to get him to go see her but well he won't. I can understand hes finished with her and its not his problem anymore but i'm really worried about her. I shouldn't be getting involved i know but i can't just let someone be alone when they are trying things like that, especially with a young lad around as well.

I don't know what to do at the moment i'm just trying to keep her smiling which worked when i went round last night to make sure she was ok but today shes said she feels awful again and keeps crying, saying what would he do if she had been successful at killing herself, hes being so selfish etc. So i'm trying to get this lad to just go and see her and sort everything out but he won't even reply to me. So i'm completely stuck with what to do. I've said to her she needs to just concentrate on herself and her little boy but i still can't help worrying about her.

ReputationRep:
    sorry to hear about your friend
    obviously you're going to worry about her, but just let her know that you're there for her. let her know that she can call you at any time. you obviously can't force her ex to get back with her and go and see her, he's probably just scared at her reaction atm. remind her that she's got her baby, and that she has you. take her out somewhere nice, let her know that she's not alone. good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashyyy)
    Basically my ex i was engaged to for just over a year, I was with till september last year and well we split up and went our seperate ways and thats another story. If i'm completely honest i don't have feelings for her anymore but i still care for her if that makes sense and we generally just get on now as mates. Anyway she got with another lad and i knew him beforehand and have never liked him. She stopped speaking to me to not cause problems between him and her so i cut her off completely and that was that.

Anyway he left her a few days ago, basically just walked out told her he loves her but his head was a mess and well now he sounds like hes made his decision and cut all contact.

Shes randomly started speaking to me and before last night been saying a lot of suicidal things to me and alsorts of stuff, i thought it was just the usual broken heart blues and it was nothing so just said she'll be fine and keep her chin up, he doesnt deserve her etc and that everything would be ok.

She has a baby not mine or anything but still she lives alone and well last night got into a big mess, she tried to make a statement and took a few pills, nothing completely harmful but i went round and sorted her out, cheered her up and made sure she'd be ok but i'm really worried about her.

As the lad she was with is a sorta mate of mine from a while back i know all his mates as well so today i've tried to get him to go see her but well he won't. I can understand hes finished with her and its not his problem anymore but i'm really worried about her. I shouldn't be getting involved i know but i can't just let someone be alone when they are trying things like that, especially with a young lad around as well.

I don't know what to do at the moment i'm just trying to keep her smiling which worked when i went round last night to make sure she was ok but today shes said she feels awful again and keeps crying, saying what would he do if she had been successful at killing herself, hes being so selfish etc. So i'm trying to get this lad to just go and see her and sort everything out but he won't even reply to me. So i'm completely stuck with what to do. I've said to her she needs to just concentrate on herself and her little boy but i still can't help worrying about her.

I found that very difficult to read for some reason. Yeah you need to tell her she can't kill herself and leave her baby, in a way thats being a bit selfish too. I understand shes upset but she has more than herself to think of now. You need to be there for her and remind her that life goes on and that she will be ok.

ReputationRep:
    Been tonight and she'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    good- maybe also she needs something to look forward to - that can help

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.