New Forest Summer Trip Watch

soutioirsim
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Me and my friends want to go on a trip to the New Forest camping for a night or two but we don't know where to stay?

We want to have fun (bring alcohol and stuff) so we want a place with not many kids and is student friendly. We know there will be zilch campsites which allow alcohol but we just want a quiet place where we might be able to get away with it. we have heard about free campsites but still dont know what to do.

Anyone done it before?

Anyone have any recommendations?
alexsheppard11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
here
dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Good luck with that. Every campsite in the New forest is almost full up over the summer with old people are families. When booking don't be surprised if you are rejected as the campsite owners might well think you will be disruptive and cause trouble and leave a mess.

I can think of one campsite that may let you in, but there are no toilets, showers or anything. No fences/cattle grids to stop animals getting in. Probably want a car too as you are a good 10-20minute walk from any sort of shop/pub/bar/train station.

Oh and anywhere that is a caravan club site will definetly reject you as you need to be a member and quite a few places may specify no tents.

Search google for your best bet and book ASAP as several sites are already fully booked (parents booked a few weeks ago with problems) for all of June, July and August.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (324)
45.44%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (220)
30.86%
I don't have an opinion (169)
23.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise