Turn on thread page Beta

New Forest Summer Trip watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friends want to go on a trip to the New Forest camping for a night or two but we don't know where to stay?

We want to have fun (bring alcohol and stuff) so we want a place with not many kids and is student friendly. We know there will be zilch campsites which allow alcohol but we just want a quiet place where we might be able to get away with it. we have heard about free campsites but still dont know what to do.

Anyone done it before?

Anyone have any recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    here

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with that. Every campsite in the New forest is almost full up over the summer with old people are families. When booking don't be surprised if you are rejected as the campsite owners might well think you will be disruptive and cause trouble and leave a mess.

I can think of one campsite that may let you in, but there are no toilets, showers or anything. No fences/cattle grids to stop animals getting in. Probably want a car too as you are a good 10-20minute walk from any sort of shop/pub/bar/train station.

Oh and anywhere that is a caravan club site will definetly reject you as you need to be a member and quite a few places may specify no tents.

Search google for your best bet and book ASAP as several sites are already fully booked (parents booked a few weeks ago with problems) for all of June, July and August.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.