Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How did eveyone find Fridays AS Edexcel unit 2 geog exam watch

ReputationRep:
    I found it OK but my timing went completly wrong. I hated the question on fieldwork and research for Crowded Coasts and our class hadn't done the work on sports and rebranding but I ran out of time had 3 minutes left and I left that question to the last so therefore all I could make was notes. Just bullet points so I hope that I get some mark for that. However some people at school were saying that it was hard. What did everyone else think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabers)
    I found it OK but my timing went completly wrong. I hated the question on fieldwork and research for Crowded Coasts and our class hadn't done the work on sports and rebranding but I ran out of time had 3 minutes left and I left that question to the last so therefore all I could make was notes. Just bullet points so I hope that I get some mark for that. However some people at school were saying that it was hard. What did everyone else think?
    I found the Coastal side very easy, ithe fieldwork and research questions i studied the answer scheme inside out. Managament was amazingly well. However the rebranding part i left a 10marker out due to insufficient time. I had answered the research question and describe why these towns are in jneed of rebranding basically the figure question. i knew the answers to the questions but not enough time. We had so much interuptions as it was during lunchtime and the headteachers kept shouting so we closed the window and i was heating up sweating so much. i should get 45-50/70 which is mid C - low B.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh thats bad with having disruptions. There was a bit of noise outside when the bell went but that was over quickly. Im glad Im not the only one who found the timing hard though. I have no idea how many marks I will get especially after just writting bullet points on the one I was running out of time on. Hope you do well anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Same with time thing. Questions were odd...

I feel the same about the 'sport as catalyst for rebranding', but our textbook had case studies on the london 2012 and sydney olympics... so i knew a little. But weird huh? I mean if they said 'food for a catalyst' it's the same, too specific. my revision book just had a general rebranding case study, so i didn't know much.

I could kick myself too, I knew figures and stuff and I was so rushed I forgot to write them

Reckon the exam needs an extra 10 minutes tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skye333)

Reckon the exam needs an extra 10 minutes tbh.
    Me too but I doubt that it will change. It is a mark a min and from last year they have added 15 mins. Shame

ReputationRep:
    what were the grade boundaries for this one last year?

/70, new syllabus and all that, is A going to be 52-55? B 45-51?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sean kefw)
    what were the grade boundaries for this one last year?

/70, new syllabus and all that, is A going to be 52-55? B 45-51?
    These a rough grade boundary might change depend show good/bad people do:

56/70 = A
    49/70 = B
    42/70 = C
    35/70 = D
    27/70 = E
    Anything under 27 = U

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.