Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So the Doctor thinks I've got gastroenteritis. My stomach hurts really bad but I'm really hungry. I've got some southern fried chicken strips cooking and I'm gonna melt some cheese over them and put them on a sandwich. My girlfriend is telling me off for eating dairy when I have a bad stomach. do you think it'll really make that much of a difference?

I really like cheese okay?

ReputationRep:
    Dairy on a dodgy stomach isn't ideal. It wouldn't do you any harm to chillax the cheese until you perk up, surely? You need to eat of course but keep it light...

ReputationRep:
    It depends what is up with your stomach and its different person to person. Generally dairy is fine but everything in moderation, and if you find cheese makes your stomach hurt more then stop.

ReputationRep:
    I gave the cheese a miss in the end. This was a bad day for me. But a sensible decision. Thanks for the advice on my cheese dilemma

ReputationRep:
    Did no-one listen to their mothers while growing up? Start with dry toast, then toast with butter. Then chicken (or vegetarian equivalent) soup!!!

ReputationRep:
    just eat the damn foood..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Did no-one listen to their mothers while growing up? Start with dry toast, then toast with butter. Then chicken (or vegetarian equivalent) soup!!!
    This and 1 or 2 plain biscuits, water to drink. essentially just eating bland food that you can keep down

ReputationRep:
    cheese yuck p not the beston a sore tummy....
    try milk on cereal if you must have dairy babe

ReputationRep:
    lookie here mr man.... i am a cheese addict.... cheese is my religion and my best friend however........

tis not good for a bad tummy... in fact eating southern fried chicken and putting cheese on is not going to help at all... possibly make it worse for you... so take it easy have something light

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SDB)
    lookie here mr man.... i am a cheese addict.... cheese is my religion and my best friend however........

tis not good for a bad tummy... in fact eating southern fried chicken and putting cheese on is not going to help at all... possibly make it worse for you... so take it easy have something light
    Fever has brought on delerium, and, my good friend, your words sound like gospel truth to my ears. Word brother, word.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.