Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering if anyone has tips on how to get an A/A* in GCSE Economics, because I took a mock and bearly got a B, I really need an A/A*.

Any tips and pointer will do.

THANKS in Advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoFunnyBusiness)
    I'm wondering if anyone has tips on how to get an A/A* in GCSE Economics, because I took a mock and bearly got a B, I really need an A/A*.

THANKS in Advance!

Well when I was in your position I took a mock and got a D and came out with A* in the actually exam! Basically I did AQA and I just pulled the syllabus from the website. And I used the textbook the school gave us and just went through the syllabus checking off when I completed a part. And ask your teachers for some exam technique tips for the essay questions. All in all should be okay you have enough time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoFunnyBusiness)

THANKS in Advance!
    Learn everything there is to know back to front, and ensure you can apply to different problems that are thrown at you. You can do this by learning everything on www.tutor2u.com as well as your own schooling/notes.

Then go through every single exam paper, but most importantly than anything else, is how good your time management is, because as you will find out, that to write outstanding, structured, answers to every question, which is what I had to literally train myself to do, is not easy at all!!! You are given a huge number of questions (at least I was), and only 1.5 hours.

Have your knowledge on the tips of your fingers. Have every single diagram framed in ur mind, and be ready to just plaster them down in amazingly quick succession, remember to label everything, literally like an essay. Draw diagrams for everything, label all axis, refer to as Fig.1 etc in ur answer below the diagrams, and make sure don't leave loose ends or contradictions.

A lengthy process- but 2be honest, no different to 'training' urself 2any other exam. My weakness was being too slow, i scored 90% in what i did, but only did 90% of paper, meaning scraping an A. If its knowledge,understanding n speed of thinking, practice on past papers, and read economic blogs/forums/magazines, but don't just read, actually question what's happening, and why, all in ur head, and constantly be thinking about ****.

I'm an lse economics student - 11A*s/As GCSEs 5As in Alevel - it worked for me. Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Any more advice?

ReputationRep:
    i am writing gcse next year 2018 and i want to know how to answer discuss questions ...any tips ???

ReputationRep:
    Try doing a lot of essay questions and get feedback on them from your teacher. I think that understanding the theory thoroughly is very important. Getting the exam technique right comes with practice.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.