Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    at the moment i'm taking history, english lit, ict and maths for as

i want to apply for law; possibly at liverpool uni.

do you think that if i took history and english lit and ict for a2 that these would be "good" enough subjects to be accepted: i was worried about ict being seen as a "soft" subject

i am hoping to try and get all a's

ReputationRep:
    Should be ok if you get top grades and a good personal statement and reference.

ReputationRep:
    Why ICT and not Maths? Anyway, there's nothing wrong with English Lit. or History (as you know), so if your grades are right... Look at Liverpool's website and see what they say. If it's not mentioned on the website, email them. They're the ones you should be asking if you're really concerned.

ReputationRep:
    For Law, you should take;
    Dance
    Photography
    Travel and Tourism
    General Studies

ReputationRep:
    Only the top top unis tend to regard ICT as soft, and even then I know for a fact UCL Medicine are very happy with it as a contrasting non-science subject so I think you'll be absolutely fine if you can get the grades and interview well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj1234567890123)
    Dance
    Photography
    Travel and Tourism
    General Studies
    what have dance and photography got to do with law?

ReputationRep:
    Dance
    Photography
    Travel and Tourism
    General Studies
    :rofl: LOOOL HAHA :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Dance
    Photography
    Travel and Tourism
    General Studies
    Best advice i've seen so far lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiamay)
    what have dance and photography got to do with law?
    There's no way on God's Earth you're going to achieve your predicted grades...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottish_Klams)
    She is definitely socially retarded.

ReputationRep:
    It's fine. You've got three/four excellent AS subjects there, and so one 'softer' one won't harm your chances, so long as you do well in it! Liverpool isn't the most competitive place anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about ICT being a soft subject...

My friend's applied for Law this year, with ICT as one of her A2s (with maths and eng lang+lit) and has 4 offers so far :yes:

ReputationRep:
    LOL :top: :adore: People on this thread are a barrel of laughs. I love you all :p:

ReputationRep:
    i was joking you know, but obviously i didn't make myself clear enough...woops :p:

ReputationRep:
    thanks i might consider taking maths instead but i'm better at ict so :/ have to see what results i get in the summer
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Your A levels are fine. My friend got into Oxford to do law with one of her A levels being ICT.

Don't worry about it and work on getting good grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephxx1)
    thanks i might consider taking maths instead but i'm better at ict so :/ have to see what results i get in the summer

Theres no point taking maths if you a) prefer ICT and b) are better at it. your other subjects are sound, so unis like oxford and cambridge wont mind you taking one 'soft' subject... thats if you even want to go to these types of unis, the grades you get are the main thing.

p.s i love ICT but your sooooooooooooo lucky you dont have coursework......i did 200+ pages for my AS and i didnt sleep for 2 weeks straight in may for my A2. Oh and btw, your thread title was a tad misleading.. you can get into uni with EEE lol, maybe DEE nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to take over this thread but I'm doing History, Business and Media with my AS in English Language and am looking to study business at uni. Will universities accept me with these subjects?

Thanks in advance

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.