Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just had a look at 2007. It looks so much harder than 2009 and yet the cut off score for gold was much higher...weird. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat the rat)
    97 I think.
    thanks......
    i'm so worried now
    2007 paper seems to be similar or harder than this year's.........!!
    OH NOOOOO !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat the rat)
    Just had a look at 2007. It looks so much harder than 2009 and yet the cut off score for gold was much higher...weird. :woo:
    *AGREED*

ReputationRep:
    from the UKMT website:
    IMC results will be in schools w/c 1st March.
    that seems like ages away

ReputationRep:
    guess we just have to wait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    guess we just have to wait...

but i think boundaries will be up sooner

ReputationRep:
    I don't get Q16. After 8 hours, the first (backwards) clock will show 13-8 = 5:00 and the second (double forwards) clock will show (13 + 2*8) mod 24 = 29 mod 24 = 5:00 as well, not 21:00. Can someone pls explain?

Btw I really messed up, got an 80 It sucks that I got the last 4 questions I answered wrong, every time with a slight misconception. Oh well, hope I atleast get into the Pink Kangaroo.

ReputationRep:
    Nvm, i read it again and realized its asking for the CORRECT time. Another stupid mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doom48)
    I don't get Q16. After 8 hours, the first (backwards) clock will show 13-8 = 5:00 and the second (double forwards) clock will show (13 + 2*8) mod 24 = 29 mod 24 = 5:00 as well, not 21:00. Can someone pls explain?

Btw I really messed up, got an 80 It sucks that I got the last 4 questions I answered wrong, every time with a slight misconception. Oh well, hope I atleast get into the Pink Kangaroo.
    I answered 3 questions from last 5 questions... and only got 1 right
    same - stupid mistakes

ReputationRep:
    In the what does x+y+z= question, I worked it all out and got all the correct values, but somehow I managed to think 2+3+5=11, how stupid was that? Kicking myself for it now. I'd have got over 90 if it wasn't for that silly mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovmaths)

but i think boundaries will be up sooner
    Thats good, I messed up seriously in some bits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    In the what does x+y+z= question, I worked it all out and got all the correct values, but somehow I managed to think 2+3+5=11, how stupid was that? Kicking myself for it now. I'd have got over 90 if it wasn't for that silly mistake
    for that question, I added the three equations...
    that gave me
    3x+3y+3z=_____ (can't remember)
    so, 3(x+y+z)=_____
    then I just divided _____ by 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Thats good, I messed up seriously in some bits
    me too
    i think lots of people messed up...
    hope the boundaries go down

ReputationRep:
    for that question, I added the three equations...
    that gave me
    3x+3y+3z=_____ (can't remember)
    so, 3(x+y+z)=_____
    then I just divided _____ by 3
    see the most annoying thing is I GOT the right values, somehow I just managed to add them up wrong :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    see the most annoying thing is I GOT the right values, somehow I just managed to add them up wrong :mad:
    i sometimes do that too

ReputationRep:
    hey does anyone get question 10? the one with tweedledee and tweedle bum. If the third person is correct then the last person is also correct. But i've been told it's only 1 person is correct???????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanakataku7)
    hey does anyone get question 10? the one with tweedledee and tweedle bum. If the third person is correct then the last person is also correct. But i've been told it's only 1 person is correct???????????
    http://www.mathcomp.leeds.ac.uk/indi...ate-challenge/
    if you scroll down, there's Solution2010

i got that one wrong as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanakataku7)
    I got it wrong too, but I understand now. The third person can't be correct because the first two can't be both wrong, so the last person is also wrong. And only one of the first two can be right, so only 1 person is right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I got it wrong too, but I understand now. The third person can't be correct because the first two can't be both wrong, so the last person is also wrong. And only one of the first two can be right, so only 1 person is right.
    cz100, did you find this year's paper harder, similar, or easier compared to last year's??

ReputationRep:
    cz100, did you find this year's paper harder, similar, or easier compared to last year's??
    I actually thought it's similar if not easier, but that's probably because I know more stuff than last year. One of my friends thought it was harder so I guess everyone's different. I know I've definitely got a higher score than last year. What about you?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.