Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theliongirl)
    This reminds me:
    I'm doing AQA french and my stupid teacher has entered me for higher for all except listening so I can only achieve a A.
    No, you can achieve an A*...
    Like you I thought it was hopeless. I was entered for higher everything AQA French GCSE but foundation listening. I don't think I even got top marks in my coursework. But the foundation listening paper was incredibly easy, and I just remembered loads of vocab for the higher reading paper...and bagged myself an A*!

So my solid piece of advice, just memorise those vocab like no mans business!
    Good luck!

(Original post by Muppety_Kid)
    I have some! :proud:

http://www.freewebs.com/muppetykid/frenchfiles.htm
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    Vocab, and make sure you learn your oral as well as possible, I got an A* in Italian GCSE but it's basically the same process... it wasn't hard. The reading paper was pretty easy too. Practise listening to French, just so you don't get completely thrown when it comes to the exam.
    I think my oral is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theseeker)
    I think my oral is brilliant.
    Haha very funny.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    Haha very funny.. :rolleyes:
    Thank you :p:

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* on my Spanish mock but I have absolutely no idea how I managed it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about the standard to which you have learnt French, but I am in Year 9 and plan to take a French AS-level in the place of my GCSE next year. The GCSE past papers look pretty easy to me - a basic grammatical learning of French will suffice for you to get very good marks in the Writing part of the exam. The only place where natural ability itself should become evident (if you revised correctly for the other sections) is the Aural part. The rest of the exam should be easy with good revision, although for people who are behind, there is no magic A* formula.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.