Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juicyfruit)
    I've been with my boyfriend for coming up to two years, and we went to the same university together. However since coming to university, we've both noticed I am getting a lot of attention from other guys, which was something that didn't really happen at home. For one, my course is pretty much a 80:20 male to female ratio, so I've had attention from guys on my course from them being flirty, persistantly asking for my number and even beign asked out. I've noticed when I go out, more attention from guys there, sometimes very unpleasant like being touched/kissed, which I hate. What Im trying to say is, I really hate all of this. I'm in a loving relationship, and people know I have a boyfriend, I don't dress tarty or try to gain attention from other guys, quite the opposite really as I just feel uncomfortable with any of that. At first my boyfriend didn't like that I kept getting this, but now it keeps happening and he doesn't seem to take much notice. I told him just now about a guy that kept asking for my number, and then in the club tried to kiss me, but he didn't say much. When I aske him, he said that it happens to often for him to take much notice, like it's not a big deal anymore. I really hate that he thinks this, it worries me that if something more serious did happen, he wouldn't be very bothered I don't want him to be a jealous and controlling boyfriend, just for him to care if something happens, any advice on what I can do?
    He probably acts like he's not too bothered so it doesn't seem like he'll become jealous or controlling.

Give the guy a break, if he was really upset by it and persistently mentioned it you'd get annoyed, just let him do what he wants, he clearly likes you if you've been going out for 2 years, and you go to same uni together...no one would continue a relationship under those circumstances if they didn't like the other person. Stop worrying.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you. Sounds like he actually has learnt to trust you, and knows that won't ever respond to the attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WEB)
    end up on his ass? why what would you do to him?
    Usually applying a wrist lock works, although it often looks like the guy is down on one knee proposing to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juicyfruit)
    For one, my course is pretty much a 80:20 male to female ratio, so I've had attention from guys on my course from them being flirty, persistantly asking for my number and even beign asked out.
    cor, how base.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    Sounds a little like he doesn't give a damn, in clubs I keep my girlfriend more secure than fort knox. If someone bumps into her without an apology or touches her ass he's sure to end up on his.
    Thus you are a massive ****. seriously in clubs you bump into so many people you don't even notice it so wanting someone to apologise everytime it happens is a little unreasonable.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a little like he doesn't give a damn, in clubs I keep my girlfriend more secure than fort knox. If someone bumps into her without an apology or touches her ass he's sure to end up on his.
    Generally in clubs the run goes to the sted heads and the coke fiends, not the checked shirt wearing TSR couple. You must live in the South.

ReputationRep:
    ThatwhatIam is right.

It's also more than likly his form of defence against all these guys and there attention towards you.

ReputationRep:
    You're a massive **** if you think you can shoulder barge a girl and carry on as nothings happened. Doesn't matter where you are, manners don't cost anything.
    yet you seem to ignore the fact a club is packed and people are most likely pissed out of there heads, i don't know abolut you but the clubs i go to are so packed you can't dance without getting elbowed in the head.

accidents happen expecting drunk people to actually notcie one bump in about 100 of the night to apologise is retarded.

ReputationRep:
    I think it sounds as if he's bothered by the fact you're getting attention from other guys and he wants to put the blame on you. Trying to act nonchalant by saying 'it happens too often to notice' doesn't quite cut it when he could have said 'i know you get attention from other guys, i understand why they give you attention so i'm very lucky you've chosen me and I trust you' He may have been abe to say that more concisely than I, but hey, that's not my point

I'm not saying that he doesn't trust you, but I don't think many guys would welcome other guys hitting on their girlfriends. All you can do is stay loyal to him, be honest with these other guys and not let what your boyfriend says get to you. It would be so easy to spend all your time analysing his every word, but don't ever feel guilty for the fact other guys approach you. I suppose being attractive would be your fault haha, but you don't seem to be flaunting yourself so it's their problem, not yours.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.