Turn on thread page Beta

Everything goes black watch

ReputationRep:
    ...when I stand up, not all the time, just sometimes. Or if I've been sat/laid down for a while. It takes around 10 seconds to clear and until it does it feel dizzy.

Ideas why? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    ...when I stand up, not all the time, just sometimes. Or if I've been sat/laid down for a while. It takes around 10 seconds to clear and until it does it feel dizzy.

Low blood pressure.
    Exercise can help, but not always.

ReputationRep:
    I get this too!

ReputationRep:

Yeah I get this too, it's called postural hypotension. Basically when you stand up, blood stays in your legs meaning less blood reaches your brain. I think it's really not a problem as long as it doesn't cause fainting or anything like that.

ReputationRep:
    I get that too, it's low blood pressure, for me the only thing that helps is eating something really salty.

ReputationRep:
    I get this too, but I don't really mind. I think it's pretty cool, actually. :awesome:

It keeps my amazement of (human) biology alive.

ReputationRep:
    It's quite normal ... loads of people get this so nothing to worry about really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Yeah I get this too, it's called postural hypotension. Basically when you stand up, blood stays in your legs meaning less blood reaches your brain. I think it's really not a problem as long as it doesn't cause fainting or anything like that.
    Thanks. I looked it up and it does make a lot of sense apart from, I've been getting my blood pressure checked pretty regularly since going on the pill and the nurse has never mentioned a problem with it?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I looked it up and it does make a lot of sense apart from, I've been getting my blood pressure checked pretty regularly since going on the pill and the nurse has never mentioned a problem with it?
    Because there is no problem!

ReputationRep:
    Mention it next time you see the nurse. She can check your pressure lying down and then get you to stand up and recheck it to see how far your BP drops when you stand up. If it's causing black-outs, then it might be worth speaking to a doctor about changing your pill or finding other ways to address it...

ReputationRep:
    I get this too, not than often but usually after a long revision lesson in a cold room.

ReputationRep:

Yeah it's not actually a problem. It's not chronic low blood pressure, it's just that the arteries in your legs don't always contract when they should, causing temporary low blood pressure.

ReputationRep:
    I got this a lot when I was anorexic, and get it when I haven'y eaten enough over a period of a few days. Are you sure you're eating enough? If you're worried about it, it's best to ask a GP.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, i get this sometimes too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgettingWhatsername)
    I get that too, it's low blood pressure, for me the only thing that helps is eating something really salty.
    :perv: :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's a blood pressure thing. If it's interfering with your life see a doctor.

You're dying..

(Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I got this a lot when I was anorexic, and get it when I haven'y eaten enough over a period of a few days. Are you sure you're eating enough? If you're worried about it, it's best to ask a GP.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    This happens to me all the time. And I get dizzy a lot. I thought it might be low blood pressure but whenever I've had mine tested at the doctors they've always said it's normal and when I've done it at home or at the gym it's just been a teeny bit on the low side. I would like to know what it is too but it's not so bad that I need an urget doctors appointment or anything and getting time off work would be a pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiPark)
    You're dying..
    Aren't you the optimist :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.