Aren't you the optimist :rolleyes:
    Yes actually....as it was a joke....:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiPark)
    Yes actually....as it was a joke....:woo:
    Haha, so funny I pissed myself laughing. :|

Nah, I've got a bit of a sense of humour really :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    take advantage of it, the occasional blackout is hilariously refreshing.

ReputationRep:
    It can also be caused by dehydration.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I used to get that quite often and as the others mentioned it turned out to be low blood pressure in combination with a stiff neck from working at my computer too much ... maybe you wanna see an orthopaedist if your blood pressure is normal

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much anyone can experience it, if you really want to lol. Generally the fitter you are, the stronger your heart and therefore the more accommodating it is to this sort of thing. As such, on rare occasions it can be linked to heart problems, and if its happening frequently, or more importantly if its only just started happening, a check in with your doctor isn't going to hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelyugly)
    Hey!

I used to get that quite often and as the others mentioned it turned out to be low blood pressure in combination with a stiff neck from working at my computer too much ... maybe you wanna see an orthopaedist if your blood pressure is normal
    an orthopaedist deals with bones :mute: dont quite see the connection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin101)
    Pretty much anyone can experience it, if you really want to lol. Generally the fitter you are, the stronger your heart and therefore the more accommodating it is to this sort of thing. As such, on rare occasions it can be linked to heart problems, and if its happening frequently, or more importantly if its only just started happening, a check in with your doctor isn't going to hurt.
    So it's pretty normal?
    I probably do need to do more exercise and try and get a bit fitter. I always get dizzy doing it though =/ haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoxboroHotTubs:))
    So it's pretty normal?
    I probably do need to do more exercise and try and get a bit fitter. I always get dizzy doing it though =/ haha
    Well it isn't 'normal' as it isn't right, but as long as its not a) long lasting each time you stand up and b) not brought on by small postural changes then I can't see why its overly a problem. It could be being caused by some fairly trivial problem though (eg diet induced anaemia), so its worth getting it checked out incase its really easy to sort it. Generally speaking there aint much that can be done about it if its seen as idiopathic (no obvious cause).

ReputationRep:
    an orthopaedist deals with bones :mute: dont quite see the connection
    I had severe problems with my spine and from that the muscles cramped and from that I got dizy, was sick, had headaches etc. - that's the connection

ReputationRep:
    Happened to me a few times. I loved it haha

ReputationRep:
    Well it isn't 'normal' as it isn't right, but as long as its not a) long lasting each time you stand up and b) not brought on by small postural changes then I can't see why its overly a problem. It could be being caused by some fairly trivial problem though (eg diet induced anaemia), so its worth getting it checked out incase its really easy to sort it. Generally speaking there aint much that can be done about it if its seen as idiopathic (no obvious cause).
    Okays, thanks for the advice I'll get it checked out if it gets any worse or keeps happening frequently. I don't want to cause a fuss for nothing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.