Turn on thread page Beta

Jay-Z, Bono, The Edge & Rihanna - Stranded (Haiti Song) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altocirrus)
    Rhianna has a really harsh, grating voice and Jay-Z makes it predictably crap.

Just leave it to Bono, he's good at this sort of thing.
    Your sig is brilliant. But you're wrong about the song. I suppose you can't have everything. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Rihanna's cover of Redemption Song is one of her nicest song since a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    It is a charity song, he won't get paid.

Even if he doesnt get any money from it (doubtful) hes still getting more well-known because of it..which leads to more money etc etc..

Basically, yet another talentless egotist raking in the millions.

Rihanna -okay
    Jay Z - aargh my ears
    bono - who tf is he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    Crumble out of the 3, currently Jay-Z is doing the best in terms of commercial success. This track wasn't recorded to win a Grammy or something, all proceeds are going to help Haiti. So by having Jay-Z on the track it will sell a lot more thus making more money for Haiti. It's currently no.1 on the American iTunes so it's not doing so bad. I think the song is alright and Jay-Z does a decent job, nothing special, hopefully it will raise a lot for Haiti.
    It would sell more if it was a better song.

The fact that you think Jay Z does a decent job is akin to Arsenal winning the league. Preposterous.

ReputationRep:
    so tuneless...
    :nothing:

I was just reading the comments on here and thinking ''gawd you lot are harsh, its a charity song'' . . but I actually just listened to it and thought WTF is this?? :/ Quite disappointed tbh.

(Original post by SomeStudent)
    Rihanna -okay
    Jay Z - aargh my ears
    bono - who tf is he?
    :shock: you don't know who Bono is??? . . . :/

(Original post by DancinBallerina)
    :shock: you don't know who Bono is??? . . . :/
    :erm: umm... should I?

(Original post by SomeStudent)
    :erm: umm... should I?
    Well he's from a well known group called U2? . . . He did this, this and this . . . .

ReputationRep:
    This is ******* awful... is it a live recording why does it sound so bad?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    What a rubbish song :indiff: Each individual part wasn't great to begin with...and putting them all together just sounds so disjointed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    It would sell more if it was a better song.

The fact that you think Jay Z does a decent job is akin to Arsenal winning the league. Preposterous.
    I know you've prepared yourself with a harddrive full of crumble pictures for the next few weeks, but it will be between us and Chelsea for the title.

As for the song, they came up with it in 1 day and it's for charity, it's hardly going to be one of the best of all time. As long as it sells well that is all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    It's ok. :dontknow:

atleast they are attempting to help important causes through their public influence i guess,:dontknow: better than alot of celebritys who use their influencial powers for **** all.

(properly **** tune though cant deny that one!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James4d)
    Even if he doesnt get any money from it (doubtful) hes still getting more well-known because of it..which leads to more money etc etc..

Basically, yet another talentless egotist raking in the millions.
    Wtf?? Why would Jay-Z need a charity song to get more well-known? He's been one of the biggest rap artists for 2 decades now and I think he might just have enough money by now without the need to take profit from a charity single or use it to make himself more rich.

ReputationRep:
    It's no 'We are the World' thats for damn sure.

ReputationRep:
    Why does it not surprise me Bono is getting in on this =/

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like this :erm:

ReputationRep:
    i dont like the song.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.