Turn on thread page Beta

Friend is being weird... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I just called a friend to ask if I could pick up a bottle of whisky I left at his the other night. He agreed to return it to me as long as I meet him outside. Apparently I'm not allowed in there, because they're his "uni friends"; in other words, friends he used to go to school with whom he hasn't seen in a while. What the hell? I'm not going to bite them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tetrahydro)
    Basically, I just called a friend to ask if I could pick up a bottle of whisky I left at his the other night. He agreed to return it to me as long as I meet him outside. Apparently I'm not allowed in there, because they're his "uni friends"; in other words, friends he used to go to school with whom he hasn't seen in a while. What the hell? I'm not going to bite them...
    Seems he is embarrassed to be seen with you...

Sounds like a **** tbh!

Ditch him....

ReputationRep:
    Get the bottle, smash it against the wall and stab his neck.

No wait.
    Get the bottle, smash it against his head and stab his neck.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he just wants to keep his two diff groups of friends seperate..?!?!

ReputationRep:
    maybe he's told hi uni friends hes teetotal???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiPark)
    What about if it didn't break? Did you think about that?! :mad:
    Good point :erm: what do you suggest to resolve this problem? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    So is it acceptable to take drinks to someones and then if there's still a bit left to bring it home with you??
    I'm only asking cos I went to a house party the other day, took a bottle of malibu, I was the only one drinking it and there was at least half left, but didn't want to be rude and take it! :P

ReputationRep:
    People like him need strangling.

(Original post by Playboy King)
    Good point :erm: what do you suggest to resolve this problem? :dontknow:

Don't worry, they always break. ALWAYS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananacake14)
    So is it acceptable to take drinks to someones and then if there's still a bit left to bring it home with you??
    I'm only asking cos I went to a house party the other day, took a bottle of malibu, I was the only one drinking it and there was at least half left, but didn't want to be rude and take it! :P
    Yes, why wouldn't it be?

NOW GO BACK AND TAKE IT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Rouge*)
    maybe he just wants to keep his two diff groups of friends seperate..?!?!
    Even so it is still uneccessary to tell him to meet him outside, it seems like he's embarassed of you or something......

ReputationRep:
    Maybe his house is under quarantine...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoody555)
    Yes, why wouldn't it be?

NOW GO BACK AND TAKE IT.
    Bit late now, but I will next time! :P

ReputationRep:
    Drink all the whisky in front of him then stumble into his house to greet his friends.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he might be a bit insecure around his uni friends. =/ It doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong, jus looks like he has a few issues.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.