Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    should we be in afghanistan? taking everything into account (like what the talaban were doing were before we arrived/whether this was even the real reason at all) do you think we should have gone in the first place?

discuss

ReputationRep:
    i think they have our oil. without invasion, how would we go about getting it?

ReputationRep:
    should we have gone in there? yes

should we have done things differently? yes

we shouldnt just leave afghanistan now, it will destroy all the work weve done in the country.

ReputationRep:
    shall we continue to debate this? no

ReputationRep:
    we should not have gone into afghan the way we did, however it was nessesary, things should have been done much differently, I just hope lessons are learnt from this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    Oh, yeh. Afghanistan is one of the great oil producing nations.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    There's little to no oil in Afghanistan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    im sure they have some, i didnt say it was a lot.

ReputationRep:
    im sure they have some, i didnt say it was a lot.
    Sorry, but Afghanistan's petrochemical resources are essentially negligible. You'd find larger oil fields in my back garden. It's potty to suggest that Afghanistan was invaded for their oil.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but Afghanistan's petrochemical resources are essentially negligible. You'd find larger oil fields in my back garden. It's potty to suggest that Afghanistan was invaded for their oil.
    i didnt specify what type of oil, either. im sure their walnut oil is bountiful

ReputationRep:
    I think it's 32billion barrels that need to pass through Afghanistan... without the country being safe, it can't.

We NEED that oil.

I'm not some old school british imperialist, but I think that it's time to stop whining and realize that we need oil while we wait for other resources to be more efficient (if that's possible).

Western governments aren't being imperialistic, greedy, or evil in any way... we NEED that oil.

ReputationRep:
    It was/is essentially America's war that we're fighting. The Taliban? Oh yeah, they were a nasty bunch, so nasty in fact, we want to invite to them over for a spot of tea, i.e. over to our side now.

I dont believe politics is dicated by some sort of altruistic moral obligation on anyones part. So I dont buy that BS.

ReputationRep:
    Afghanistan has no oil. afghanistan is the most primitive, non developed country in the world. People in afghanistan live in the stone age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EndlessEurope)
    Afghanistan has no oil. afghanistan is the most primitive, non developed country in the world. People in afghanistan live in the stone age.
    then they also plot against us and learn to suicide bomb in the stone age.

ReputationRep:
    then they also plot against us and learn to suicide bomb in the stone age.
    Do you take things literally because you are an idiot ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EndlessEurope)
    Do you take things literally because you are an idiot ?
    do you say stupid things because you are just retarded, or have you some other form of syndrome?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    There's little to no oil in Afghanistan.
    No but the pipelines America built will bring in some money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLeader)
    No but the pipelines America built will bring in some money.
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    We're stopping insane Muslims blowing up other Muslims so yes we're doing them a favour by being there.

ReputationRep:
    After 9/11, the world history turned the endless period aganist terrorism. Obviously, Taliban leaders desire to spread their influence, unexpectedly magnificent power across middle east and the world. Undoubtedly, this has raised threat to western countries which are always considered as their enemies.
    Western countries necessarily incoporate and defeat taliban power before everything is too late. Certainly, we easily recoginze the crucial roles of british soldiers involved in afghanistan battle. They are strunggling with survival, peace and freedom for the land where they were born and grew up.
    Let's imagine without American and British military involvement in Afghanistan, how many 9/11 events have we counted so far ?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.