Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Actually I agree with her
    me too, i just cant wait to see all the blue in that post! i hate asking guys out.....and ive only ever told one that i liked him first......turned out to be an disaster!

ReputationRep:
    Even if this stereotype is receding, it is still everywhere you go. Take a bar for example. Even though some girls do make a move to go talk to a guy, they are either a) really drunk or b) one in a million (if you know one of these, please introduce me). I bet you 90% of the girls that go to a bar (or a party, or anywhere for that matter) on any given night will not make a move if they see a guy they are interested in. They may smile, they may throw their hair back, or they may do nothing and just simply hope. I'm sure it's really easy to sit there and look pretty, but has it ever dawned on a girl that maybe she should make the first move? Maybe for once she should put herself on the line to get rejected.

"Well I say **** society, and go **** that person you want."

that is a part of the article..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    me too, i just cant wait to see all the blue in that post! i hate asking guys out.....and ive only ever told one that i liked him first......turned out to be an disaster!
    too young for love...

ReputationRep:
    liked him?! your a girl?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    too young for love...
    yes i suppose so.....but its my pride that 3 guys like me right now! 2 juniors (17 yr olds) and 1 freshman.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    liked him?! your a girl?! :eek:
    yes im a girl for further reference see profile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    Even if this stereotype is receding, it is still everywhere you go. Take a bar for example. Even though some girls do make a move to go talk to a guy, they are either a) really drunk or b) one in a million (if you know one of these, please introduce me). I bet you 90% of the girls that go to a bar (or a party, or anywhere for that matter) on any given night will not make a move if they see a guy they are interested in. They may smile, they may throw their hair back, or they may do nothing and just simply hope. I'm sure it's really easy to sit there and look pretty, but has it ever dawned on a girl that maybe she should make the first move? Maybe for once she should put herself on the line to get rejected.

"Well I say **** society, and go **** that person you want."

that is a part of the article..

I think it stems from the older generation, to put it politely. I believe it was deemd improper if a lady went up to a man and asked for a dance in a ball, for example, it was always the case of a man making the first move. However the trend is changing, as attitudes and social views are being influenced by the media, people, etc.

ReputationRep:
    yes im a girl for further reference see profile!
    lol sorry, i just looked at your avatar and you know..*mumbles on quietly*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    I think it stems from the older generation, to put it politely. I believe it was deemd improper if a lady went up to a man and asked for a dance in a ball, for example, it was always the case of a man making the first move. However the trend is changing, as attitudes and social views are being influenced by the media, people, etc.
    yes but even that is changing very VERY slowly

ReputationRep:
    yes i suppose so.....but its my pride that 3 guys like me right now! 2 juniors (17 yr olds) and 1 freshman.....
    umm dont mid me asking but you are like 14 arnt you?

ReputationRep:
    ooo aren't you a lucky girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    lol sorry, i just looked at your avatar and you know..*mumbles on quietly*
    sok...i get posts like yours at LEAST once a week.....your a girl :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    yes, so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I wonder what kind of school she goes too. That's kinda creepy.

ReputationRep:
    sok...i get posts like yours at LEAST once a week.....your a girl :eek:
    lol just change your avatar..

ReputationRep:
    either that or she is well developed...

ReputationRep:
    i go to a HIGH SCHOOL which is 14-19 years of age.....actually one is 17 one might be sixteen im not sure! the freshman is 15....

ReputationRep:
    i go to a HIGH SCHOOL which is 14-19 years of age.....actually one is 17 one might be sixteen im not sure! the freshman is 15....
    o_O

ReputationRep:
    yeah i get what you mean, when i was 14, i had 17-18 yr olds askin' me out..i did lie about my age sometimes though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    either that or she is well developed...
    im not over developed.......not more than any other girl....i think its more my personality and the fact that im always either laughing or smiling.....im cute not beautiful (but caitlyn says differently) im just a very preppy happy person *shrugs*

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.