Turn on thread page Beta

Worst feeling you could ever experience? Besides physical pain? watch

• PS Helper

PS Helper
    broken heart. hurts so much it feels like physical pain. missing someone/loss would cover that though

ReputationRep:
    Getting your heart ripped out is pretty bad,
    but I'll round it up to losing someone.

ReputationRep:
    Knowing you've failed.

Guilt, stupid conscience igh:

ReputationRep:
    Having your heart broken and then forbidden from speaking to the girl you love was pretty bad, though I'm sure there are plenty worse. Like someone here said, once psychological pain manifests itself as physical pain that is generally pretty terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Any and all loss, be it death or a relationship. Losing a friendship causes me less pain, because it's far more frequent, but death just makes me crumble, and losing a relationship DOES end up turning into physical pain really, especially when it's not my decision to end it.

ReputationRep:
    interesting question...

ReputationRep:
    Jealousy can be absolutely horrible at times.

ReputationRep:
    rejection

ReputationRep:
    The loss of someone close to you....

ReputationRep:
    Regret (not doing something/enough) with a mix of loneliness and boredom.

ReputationRep:
    Humiliation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerhollow)
    Out of all the negative emotions out there (from rage to loneliness etc.) what would you say in general is the worst feeling out of them all.

Please do not include physical pain because for nearly everyone a high degree of physical pain would be the WORST feeling imaginable. If you disagree, it's highly likely you just don't grasp how bad physical pain can be.

So, what's your least favourite feeling? I would say mine is terror or panic.
    Trauma can bring a whole load together, but I don't know if you can really call that a feeling as such. People get depression, paranoia, stress, anxiety, panic attacks and flashbacks to whatever the traumatic experience was. It badly cuts into their normal lifestyle and without constant counselling can be severely debilitating to their natural development (if they are a child) or their ability to function properly in normal adult life, potentially leading them to suicide. People might say depression on its own could do the same, but people can recover from depression in most cases, whereas by definition trauma is something that stays with a person for life.

So kids, don't abuse anyone!

ReputationRep:
    humiliation/anticipating failure.. can't choose between the two

ReputationRep:
    regret

ReputationRep:
    I have a fear of blood since a young age, I don't know what it's called and I havent asked any doctors but my family knows my condition.
    I play rugby and sometimes I bleed but my adrenalin helps me overcome my fear of blood but say if someone was to bleed infront of me(doesnt even have to be a large amount) when I'm not prepared I'll faint and go paleish/green.
    My worst fear is I could actually one day just hit the deck and die...

ReputationRep:
    Anger.
    When I lose my temper it's on completely dangerous levels, anything short of having me caged in a fully secured 1m by 1m cell will lead to severe consequences. I feel as if I'm about to implode and erupt at the same time, not good.

Oh and I'm extremely nostalgic, I tend to have a problem letting go of the good times from the past.

ReputationRep:
    Grief, regret, guilt, humiliation and phobias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakeee)
    anal grief
    There's always one. :rolleyes:

This thread is :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Grief/regret

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.