Turn on thread page Beta

Worst feeling you could ever experience? Besides physical pain? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    Worst? Hell, I would say staring into an abyss is one of the best feelings ever! Jumping out of a plane is fantastic.

Anyway, worst... being cheated on was the worst thing to happen to moi. Still hurts when I think about it.
    Getting cheated on is part of the abyss you nobend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innerhollow)
    Out of all the negative emotions out there (from rage to loneliness etc.) what would you say in general is the worst feeling out of them all.

Please do not include physical pain because for nearly everyone a high degree of physical pain would be the WORST feeling imaginable. If you disagree, it's highly likely you just don't grasp how bad physical pain can be.

So, what's your least favourite feeling? I would say mine is terror or panic.
    definitely loneliness in its various forms...

best example, some one you love and have actually given your heart to, and they were a total lie and played with your emotions all the time and seriously messed around with you, until you knew they lied to you, where you told them to tell the truth whatever it may be... Still feel hurt and this was a few months ago

Then just having a feeling you are not loved by anyone and are unable to get close to anyone.

both loneliness and both hurt terribly

ReputationRep:
    chin up

ReputationRep:
    Realising you're socially incompatible with the entire human race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeanofJelly)
    Regret.

Probably the worst is some kind of grief/regret/guilt combo.

EDIT: It's gotta be grief - cause the process just involves all of the worst emotions:

Panic/fear - how will I live without them?
    Anger - why did they have to die?
    Guilt - why do I get to live? It's wrong for me to be happy etc
    Regret - if only...
    Longing/unrequited love - you still love them, but they're not there anymore
    Loneliness
    Misery
    Emptiness/nothingness
    Even got a little bit of nostalgia thrown in there for good measure

etc
    Absolutely this.
    I would say grief/loss because it affects all three aspects of time for you once you've lost someone. You look to the past in the memories of them, dwell in the past a little too long that it starts to affect the present, and then you can't bear to look past the present to the future out of fear of forgetting the past. Hands up, i did actually feel like this due to grief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'll be in the sky)
    Getting cheated on is part of the abyss you nobend
    You'll have to explain such crap logic to me........

ReputationRep:
    Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster.

ReputationRep:
    Just the feeling of panic when you don't think you can cope with whatever it is you're contending with. For that moment, you just feel helpless, as though nothing's going to be okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Just the feeling of panic when you don't think you can cope with whatever it is you're contending with. For that moment, you just feel helpless, as though nothing's going to be okay.
    Rise up this mornin',
    Smiled with the risin' sun,
    Three little birds
    Pitch by my doorstep
    Singin' sweet songs
    Of melodies pure and true,
    This is my message to you-ou-ou:

Don't worry 'bout a thing,
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
    Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!

ReputationRep:
    Caring to the extreme.

Intense, bordering obsessive worrying for a loved one. And can't see any hopes for them getting better. I have felt like throwing myself off a cliff because I can't see them being happy, and therefore I cannot be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Ecstasy come-down?

ReputationRep:
    the worst feeling I could imagine is the loss of a child, parent or spouse

ReputationRep:
    Feeling useless/worthless/empty/disposable, realizing nothing would really change if you ceased to exist.

Facing your failure in doing something, anything, you really wished for.

Loneliness.That kind of acute loneliness which doesn't go away with a hug or a chat with a group of familiar people.

Jealousy.

Probably in that order, and probably because they can take the form of physical pain too.Also, they are interlinked and a single event can trigger them all.

ReputationRep:
    When you love some one more then your self and when you tell her about your feelings she rejects you!
    i suffered clinical depression for 2 months cuz of this one, but in the long run my determination can got me 14 A*'s in gcse so sometimes greif,anger or despair can lead to a better future.

ReputationRep:
    heartbreak, or grief

ReputationRep:
    you can't get clinical depression from getting rejected by a girl you self-indulged prick.

ReputationRep:
    When you are really looking forward to something and you really want something and you think its going to happen and it's going to be great and then.... it doesn't happen....dissappointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie0914)
    Falling in love with the best friend, and them not even feeling a little bit that way about you.
    Im proposing to my best friend tomorrow, u my friend have suddenly scared me to death

ReputationRep:
    Not thinking hypothetically, worst feeling was being apart from the person I'm in love with for a long time. Missing someone so much you can't sleep, concentrate on anything, and you feel as if you've had a part of you ripped out? No thanks. It's definitely possible to miss someone so much it physically hurts.

ReputationRep:
    disapointment

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.