Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my mate is going to try and set me up with sumone...kind of worried... watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey people!
    In a few weeks time i'm going to visit my mate at uni, and basically have a good night out.
    At the moment i'm single, and the mate who i'm going to visit is planning to set me up with a female friend of his. She's single as well, and he thinks we would be good together - i've looked at some photos of her on fb, and like what I see!!

Problem is i'm kind of a bit nervous about the whole thing if you can see where i'm coming from?
    Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Just wandering how to react - my mate is going to try and portray me to her in a good light, and its just how to follow it up when i'm there!

Advice much appreciated!

Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    watch how i met your mother- episode blind date

also friends phoebe and mike

That will solve this

ReputationRep:
    Probably heard this a million times but just be YOU if she likes YOU then great! If she doesent, well nevermind, go and find someone who does.

oh, and make sure you enjoy the time you have meeting her. Worrying is a waste of time...trust me...ive worried enough for two lifetimes already and learnt my lesson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ps2mint)
    Hey people!
    In a few weeks time i'm going to visit my mate at uni, and basically have a good night out.
    At the moment i'm single, and the mate who i'm going to visit is planning to set me up with a female friend of his. She's single as well, and he thinks we would be good together - i've looked at some photos of her on fb, and like what I see!!

Problem is i'm kind of a bit nervous about the whole thing if you can see where i'm coming from?
    Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Just wandering how to react - my mate is going to try and portray me to her in a good light, and its just how to follow it up when i'm there!

Advice much appreciated!

Thanks a lot.
    Omg, good luck!
    I'm in a similar predicament - I'm off to see one of my best mates in a couple of weeks, and he wants to set me up with a dude who he says is 'a realy lovely guy'
    I'm not that nervous though, simply because I'm not expecting anything to occur; it would be lovely if there was something between us I guess, but if not, then it's OK - we're young after all, and will meet many many new people in the next few years. Because of this, it's rather unlikely that we'll still be being set up by our dear well-meaning friends in a few years time =]
    Anyway, I'd say just enjoy the set up, but there's no need to try and force something out of it or expect anything to come of it!

ReputationRep:
    Hey people!

Advice much appreciated!

Thanks a lot.
    I reckon the best thing to do in this kinda situation is act like you dont wanna be hooked up and use that to break the ice between you two, saing things like "I honestly dunno why >friend's name< is trying o hook us up!"
    that way you guys have to team up against the person/people that wanna hook you up. once you two are a team, you make conversation, play your cards right and ur in there matey.

ReputationRep:
    are you gonna bang doe?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, the nervousness will wear out once you finally meet. Don't let it keep you all silent and awkward, try to come across as engaging and sociable.

ReputationRep:
    Hey people!

Advice much appreciated!

Thanks a lot.
    Just be yourself, never try to be what you think other people want you to be. Act who you are and she will decide if she likes you or not.

ReputationRep:
    Hey people!

Advice much appreciated!

Thanks a lot.
    He will portray you in a good light however you need to show if that good light exists, she will be the judge of that. Course too nice...for girls is saying...trying to hard.

ReputationRep:
    Awww, good luck and just have a good time whatever happens.

Though im single and what makes me sad is my few friends have never ever tried to set me up with someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by repoman)
    Though im single and what makes me sad is my few friends have never ever tried to set me up with someone
    You'd actually want them to?

ReputationRep:
    i got set up with my bf through a friend and i hadnt even seen a pic of him lol

over 8 years and an engagement later and we are still going strong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i got set up with my bf through a friend and i hadnt even seen a pic of him lol

over 8 years and an engagement later and we are still going strong
    didn't you say a few weeks back that you broke up with him? :eyebrow:

you are an awful troll. :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    didn't you say a few weeks back that you broke up with him? :eyebrow:

you are an awful troll. :nopity:
    we broke up before christmas and got back together at new year

so no, not a troll

ReputationRep:
    Don't talk about your PS2

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.