Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buster_Bunny)
    Im happy to give oral and not recieve.
    this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    It does nothing for me, personally.

It's quite bizarre that you would dump someone for not enjoying having a certain sexual act done to them. As long as they're deriving pleasure from your sex life together, why on earth would it bother you if they prefer certain acts to others (ie. finger vs. tongue)?
    Well, sometimes there can be a lot of pleasure in giving as well as in receiving. I wouldn't like to date a guy who didn't want me to go down on him (I didn't think this was possible until TSR) because I really enjoy doing that, and it would feel wrong to me to not ever be doing it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notker)
    Because i like it and the only reason would that she is squeamish/self-concious. If a woman said she didn't do intercourse would you said it'd be bizarre to dump her?
    Where did you get that idea from? :confused: Amazingly, not all people get off from the same sensations. A slippery tongue does not do it for all people, male or female.

Intercourse is completely different since it's intended to bring physical pleasure to both people. Oral sex only brings physical pleasure to one person. The only pleasure the other person derives is from pleasuring their partner. If the person receiving it doesn't receive pleasure from it... what possible benefit is there for the other person?

ReputationRep:
    i don't give a **** because it's good have a mouthful of minge

ReputationRep:
    i don't reallyyy like receiving, it's okay every now and then but i don't like it as much as other things. i do like giving though! surely it's just down to the couple really :/

In my experience I've always found guys who think they're 'gangster' and public school boys are anti it, don't know why and this might be an unfair judgement, but the other people I've been with haven't had an issue with it.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you get that idea from? :confused: Amazingly, not all people get off from the same sensations. A slippery tongue does not do it for all people, male or female.

Intercourse is completely different since it's intended to bring physical pleasure to both people. Oral sex only brings physical pleasure to one person. The only pleasure the other person derives is from pleasuring their partner. If the person receiving it doesn't receive pleasure from it... what possible benefit is there for the other person?
    Tastes nice, enjoy the texture, feel, etc.

'Oral sex only brings physical pleasure to one person.' 69?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Many say oral sex is a case of 'give and take'. Many girls who go out of their way to perform oral sex on a guy eagerly expect for the favour to be returned, and outrage ensues if it isn't.

Oral sex on a penis is not the same as oral sex on a vagina. Firstly the penis itself doesn't perspirate as much as a vagina does.

Secondly, the penis has one very small hole for the release of bodily fluids where as the vagina is one big hole that releases many bodily fluids and therefore the greater the distribution of said fluids over the larger area.

Thirdly, girls do have periods so the vagina can be covered in blood during the few days of the month.

Also, many have expressed that a clean vagina can taste salty/fishy/other unfavourable tastes where as a clean penis doesn't. This is because it is easier to keep clean.

Finally, it's scientifically proven that per unit area a vagina has more bacteria than the penis does.

So there you have it, oral sex shouldn't always be a case of give and take. Not to say oral sex should never be done on girls, but if the guy is unwilling it's only fair that the girl does not get enraged and think he's not returning the favour...because for the guy oral sex is under much more difficult conditions than it is for the girl.
    Unless you have performed oral sex on a man and a woman, you can't really say that it is in much more difficult conditions... I think it is subjective. You realise if you have a strong gag reflex and a small mouth performing oral sex on a male can be quite 'difficult'? There is more than one whole down there, no just one. For most of my life until I actually received oral sex I wasn't that keen on it as it is generally something quite a few women are self conscious about it.. and to be honest I still feel that way about it but let's just say I don't mind the thought of it as much. Really its up to the individuals as to what their expectations of their partner are... and I think to expect things in return whatever they may be oral sex or otherwise isn't unreasonable, but yeah maybe it isn't something you should get angry about.. at least I can't see it being that much of an issue.

ReputationRep:
    It does nothing for me, personally.

It's quite bizarre that you would dump someone for not enjoying having a certain sexual act done to them. As long as they're deriving pleasure from your sex life together, why on earth would it bother you if they prefer certain acts to others (ie. finger vs. tongue)?
    Exactly.
    Each to their own, i don't have a problem with it, i just know i don't want anyone to do that to me. I don't see why there was a problem with me expressing that :\ I didn't say i wouldn't do it to a guy, i probably would, but i wouldn't want it done to me. end of.

In my experience I've always found guys who think they're 'gangster' and public school boys are anti it, don't know why and this might be an unfair judgement, but the other people I've been with haven't had an issue with it.
    I go out with a public schoolboy (well, an ex-one) and he loves it! I'm not even bothered about it - I prefer fingers - but sometimes I "let" him, because he wants to. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I find it kind of sad that so many women "don't like" or "cringe at" or "are uncomfortable about" having oral sex performed on them. Obviously it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I can't help but feel that it's more a result of ridiculous "vaginas are dirty" views as espoused in the OP rather than due to innate preference.

I also feel that oral sex should not always be give and take, but only in the sense that I don't think sex life should be tit for tat - some people will love oral and some won't, and couples should adapt their practice to suit them. But it's simply awful to go, "oh, vaginas are gross, so you should go down on me but I don't really have to go down on you." I've had experience with both sets of genitals and they each have their upsides and downsides.

ReputationRep:
    I go out with a public schoolboy (well, an ex-one) and he loves it! I'm not even bothered about it - I prefer fingers - but sometimes I "let" him, because he wants to. :p:
    my (ex)public schoolboy loves it too, and he knows it sends me completely bonkers so life is good :P

ReputationRep:
    You missed out the hair argument too.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy giving it to girls, in my experience it is very enjoyable

I didn't like the idea of oral sex but my boyfriend changed my mind about that. Haha.
    I'm still getting used to performing oral sex, very sensitive gag reflex...bad times.

Femfresh + Brazilian = win. I do both regularly and my boyfriend certainly doesn't complain abo ut going down on me.

My boyfriend washes regularly and I have no complaints about giving blowjobs, and I swallow (though *** will taste the same whether or not you wash.)

It's all good. :borat:

Oh, and he tried out a different technique on Friday and it was just :sexface::coma::jiggy:

I enjoy giving BJs to my boyfriend, but I don't like receiving.
    Each couple is different.

ReputationRep:
    I still don't quite get what is wrong with giving oral pleasures to a woman... At the end of the day if they enjoy it it is worth doing, cos I doubt it if they like having a rod shoved in their mouth.

ReputationRep:
    my mate dave said girls smell really bad... like rotten fish..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.