Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just submitted my GDL application on lawcabs, so the only thing left now is for my referee to provide a reference, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether I'll receive any kind of notification when the reference has been done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Memento Mori)
    I've just submitted my GDL application on lawcabs, so the only thing left now is for my referee to provide a reference, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether I'll receive any kind of notification when the reference has been done?
    I don't think you get any notification but all they have to do is tick a box to say what overall degree grade you'll get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herbie198)
    I applied back in November and I never got a notification saying that they'd received my referee's response. I think i read somewhere that if your referee doesn't respond within 3 weeks you get notified.
    Yeah, my friend got an email when his referee hadn't responded. They will void your application if your referee doesn't respond within a certain amount of time, but they wouldn't do that without notifying you first.

ReputationRep:
    I received notification when my referee had submitted her reference.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very worried because my referee had technical difficulties =(

ReputationRep:
    I sent the application back in early December and haven't had any confirmation. It says on the site that they will contact you every week for 3 weeks if your reference hasn't replied to them: they sent me one email saying my reference hadn't replied, but they haven't sent anything since, so I'm hoping it's all OK. (That's a bit worrying that some of you guys have received confirmation emails though...)

ReputationRep:
    I think, according to the Lawcabs website, that they have forwarded on all applications anyway whether they have a reference or not (due to an overwhelming surge in applications this year.)

They'll still require the reference, but no worries if there's been a **** up somewhere along the line...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.