Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just submitted my GDL application on lawcabs, so the only thing left now is for my referee to provide a reference, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether I'll receive any kind of notification when the reference has been done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Memento Mori)
    I've just submitted my GDL application on lawcabs, so the only thing left now is for my referee to provide a reference, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether I'll receive any kind of notification when the reference has been done?
    I don't think you get any notification but all they have to do is tick a box to say what overall degree grade you'll get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herbie198)
    I applied back in November and I never got a notification saying that they'd received my referee's response. I think i read somewhere that if your referee doesn't respond within 3 weeks you get notified.
    Yeah, my friend got an email when his referee hadn't responded. They will void your application if your referee doesn't respond within a certain amount of time, but they wouldn't do that without notifying you first.

ReputationRep:
    I received notification when my referee had submitted her reference.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very worried because my referee had technical difficulties =(

ReputationRep:
    I sent the application back in early December and haven't had any confirmation. It says on the site that they will contact you every week for 3 weeks if your reference hasn't replied to them: they sent me one email saying my reference hadn't replied, but they haven't sent anything since, so I'm hoping it's all OK. (That's a bit worrying that some of you guys have received confirmation emails though...)

ReputationRep:
    I think, according to the Lawcabs website, that they have forwarded on all applications anyway whether they have a reference or not (due to an overwhelming surge in applications this year.)

They'll still require the reference, but no worries if there's been a **** up somewhere along the line...

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.