Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Say you wanna have a birthday party or something but..... Watch

ReputationRep:
    You have casual on good term friends from different places, all around like your current school, your old school, family friends, a club or something outside school etc etc as well as a group of close friends

would you just invite everyone into a mosh pit of a party and watch the ensuing *********** happen? I mean things' just start to overlap, he or she doesn't like him or her etc etc and things get weird, especially if your close group of friends don't even know some of your other friends or simply don't like them

just do something with your closer friends and school mates? or family and family friends? what would YOU do

ReputationRep:
    ME? I wouldn't have a party, I don't like them.

ReputationRep:
    Id go to a bar and get wasted. Whoever wanted to come along is welcome. Within a few hours I'd be too drunk to care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Id go to a bar and get wasted. Whoever wanted to come along is welcome. Within a few hours I'd be too drunk to care.
    i guess that's a better idea, not the being drunk thing

but leave it open as in 'I'm having a party or whatever, come if you want' rather than invite people separately

ReputationRep:
    basically all the parties ive had i have just invited all my friends regardless of which "groups" they come from at the end of the day its my party... although i allways make sure there isn't someone who wont know anyone, or if there is because theyre from far away ill get them to meet people before the party etc.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't like huge parties really.

For my birthdays I usually have a few close friends over, or we go out for a nice meal in the evening somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    i guess that's a better idea, not the being drunk thing

but leave it open as in 'I'm having a party or whatever, come if you want' rather than invite people separately
    That is inviting ppl lol.

OP - my 18th was a big mix of ppl, ppl dont sit with other groups if they dont want but everyone was just in the party mood and got on with everything. Invite everyone, tell them its a big party and loads of ppl are coming from different places you go - noone can be annoyed someone else is there, its a party! Theyre not made to talk to people.

ReputationRep:
    Just say that you're having a party, everyones invited.

ReputationRep:
    My party, my rules. I don't care if X doesn't like Y or A used to go out with B but B cheated on B with C and C is A's worst enemy... it's MY party, and if I want them there, I'll invite them. You can't pussyfoot around issues like this, because if you invited everyone based on their feelings about everyone else you were inviting, it would probably just be you and some tumbleweed having a bangin' time. They can decide whether or not they come really, and if they're going to let the mere presence of another person deter them then they can stay at home and mope.

Or as others have said, a bar is a good idea. Then they can scoot off to another corner and be moody if they want, without ruining your night with their sulking and drama.

ReputationRep:
    Invite them all, they'll just hang out with the groups they know and then you can go and see them all. Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    im going to have the same dilemma when im 18, theres going to be people from my sec.school, ppl from my sixth form, and other mates, and even still other mates..i think i may have like 3 seperate partys lol..

ReputationRep:
    I tried to organise a party once and it was a big flop so now I don't even bother. Just invite who you want, OP.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, what is wrong with mixing it up??! Parties at which people don't know each other tend to be the best ones!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.