Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I go to London quite often to visit family but me and a few friends (about 8 of us) plan to go in half term.
    We need some ideas where to stay as I doubt my auntie will appreciate a group of 16/17 years old in her house.
    We plan on doing the usual tourist stuff (seen it all many times before- but some of them have not) I know my way round fairly well, just not hotels!
    We would obviously want it to be as cheap as possible for about 2 or 3 nights.

Any help appreciated!

Tom

ReputationRep:
    get a tent, find a park, sorted.

ReputationRep:
    sleep in the train station :bong:

ReputationRep:
    There's places like Travellodge if you want to go cheap...I live in Kingston (South London) and the one there is relatively cheap compared to the ones in central. This is about 20 minutes train away from central.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    There's places like Travellodge if you want to go cheap...I live in Kingston (South London) and the one there is relatively cheap compared to the ones in central. This is about 20 minutes train away from central.

Ahh thank you will have a look now!

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget to search for hostels! Most of them are just as good as Travelodge and cheaper. Just read some reviews on the net first.

There's a Premier Travel Inn where I live in Brentford. A train to waterloo takes about 20 minutes. So if you are going the hotel route, have a look at the outskirts as they tend to be alot cheaper. As maxfire said, Kingston would be a good bet too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommojb)
    Ahh thank you will have a look now!
    google.com is your friend...don't use google.cn - they probably censor most of the results.

ReputationRep:
    Completely offtopic, but...

(Original post by blue_shift86)
    google.com is your friend...don't use google.cn - they probably censor most of the results.

This is so fun - I just went to google.cn and googled communism and the first image to come up was this. Doesn't really work, their censorship, does it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    Completely offtopic, but...

This is so fun - I just went to google.cn and googled communism and the first image to come up was this. Doesn't really work, their censorship, does it?
    Nope: http://images.google.cn/images?hl=zh...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Are you Chinese trying to censor the results?!

edit: If you're Chinese, you'll be doing this in Chinese typing, hence my result rather than your findings.

ReputationRep:
    Youth hostels are also pretty cheap. I went to London last year ( Camden) and we stayed in a hostel for £15 a night each. Granted it wasnt the Ritz, but it was somewhere to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Né Stig)
    Nope: http://images.google.cn/images?hl=zh...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Are you Chinese trying to censor the results?!

edit: If you're Chinese, you'll be doing this in Chinese typing, hence my result rather than your findings.

Why did you type Obama? :o:
    I now went to the google translate and googled it, and it's true, it's totally different. So English-speaking Chinese don't have it censored?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Youth hostels are also pretty cheap. I went to London last year ( Camden) and we stayed in a hostel for £15 a night each. Granted it wasnt the Ritz, but it was somewhere to sleep.

Can you remeber the name at all please?

ReputationRep:
    Can you remeber the name at all please?

Here is a link to the hostel :

http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels...d/london/1349/

ReputationRep:
    Here is a link to the hostel :

http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels...d/london/1349/

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    You"re welcome . Hope you have a great time in London.:woo:

ReputationRep:
    You"re welcome . Hope you have a great time in London.:woo:

Would give you (is it rep?) just not sure how to!

ReputationRep:
    Would give you (is it rep?) just not sure how to!
    Click the up and down thumbs on the top of my post and it will take you to the pos/neg rep page. Think its pretty self explanatory from there.:p:

Have some rep yourself :woo:.

I just gave you another green gem!

ReputationRep:
    Click the up and down thumbs on the top of my post and it will take you to the pos/neg rep page. Think its pretty self explanatory from there.:p:

Have some rep yourself :woo:.

I just gave you another green gem!
    Aww thank you! Think I have given you some - if I did it right

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.