Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok, im 18 and ive always been a hypochonriac..i get it from my mum i think :/
    Ok so once every like...few weeks ill stretch my chest forward and ill get a subtle pain in my heart, and it will keep coming every time i do this for like 3 mins.
    Also, for a few years now, once like..every few months ill do something sexual and my heart will make this quite quiet wheezing sound which will cause no pain and will go in around 20 seconds.
    Actually, the stretching pain is coming from just above the heart..and the armpit area.
    I have no shortness of breath, i exercise regularly and im relatively healthy.
    Any comments? would really appreciate! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what IS going on, but one thing I can say for sure is that your heart does not make a quiet wheezing sound.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are a hypochondriac and you need to go and see a doctor about that problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, im 18 and ive always been a hypochonriac..i get it from my mum i think :/
    Ok so once every like...few weeks ill stretch my chest forward and ill get a subtle pain in my heart, and it will keep coming every time i do this for like 3 mins.
    Also, for a few years now, once like..every few months ill do something sexual and my heart will make this quite quiet wheezing sound which will cause no pain and will go in around 20 seconds.
    Actually, the stretching pain is coming from just above the heart..and the armpit area.
    I have no shortness of breath, i exercise regularly and im relatively healthy.
    Any comments? would really appreciate! :yep:
    Does it **** !

I think you are a hypochondriac and you need to go and see a doctor about that problem
    I am DEFINITLY a hypochondriac and have very similar feelings to those you describe. Go t the doc, he'll tell you all is fine and you'll stop worrying

ReputationRep:
    The bad news is you have an illness. The good news is.. it's hypochondriasis.

ReputationRep:
    When your first sentence is 'I've always been a hypochondriac', no one's going to take you seriously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Non-anon)
    When your first sentence is 'I've always been a hypochondriac', no one's going to take you seriously
    Also the bit where s/he says their heart makes a quiet wheeze. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Also the bit where s/he says their heart makes a quiet wheeze. :nah:
    Just like a romantic asthmatic...
    "My heart, it softly wheezes your name..."

(Original post by Non-anon)
    quite sad really. Even hypochondriacs get sick sooner or later.
    I remember one guy came in complaining of shoulder pain convinced he was having a heart attack. I calmed him down, told him to man up and discharged him.
    He left the hospital, made it halfway up the road then BAM!

Hit by a bus. Silly bugger.

ReputationRep:
    People say I'm a hypochondriac, which really hurts....(budum-ching..)

Seriously, however, I can relate as I used to worry in a similar way, but peace of mind can often be achieved by checking any concerns with a doctor. Sometimes checking online can help, but occasionally it can lead to further irrational worries that you may be suffering with something life-threatening, particularly when there are vague descriptions of "you may suffer some or none of these symptoms with (insert illness that you think you may be suffering).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    quite sad really. Even hypochondriacs get sick sooner or later.
    I remember one guy came in complaining of shoulder pain convinced he was having a heart attack. I calmed him down, told him to man up and discharged him.
    He left the hospital, made it halfway up the road then BAM!

Hit by a bus. Silly bugger.
    Since when was hypochondriacs getting sick a sad thing?
    It can often result in less whining in the world.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.