Turn on thread page Beta

Back to uni this coming week watch

anon please

I'm heading back to uni the end of this coming week, and I just don't want to go. I had a long holiday, I was enjoying uni, but I didn't enjoy living in halls, so I thought, ok well only this year. Only 4 more months to go, but I really don't like it, I don't like the people I share with, I feel trapped in my room. I know there are alot who feel the same, please show yourselves

My course has a exceedingly huge work load, last semester I managed to pull it off through late nights early mornings, it was so stressful, I am just scared of going back to this, I am scared of fallnig behind and failing, however I do enjoy the course.

Is anyone else feeling the same? Have you moved back to uni and become homesick again? I feel as though it is freshers again, and that uneasy feeling of starting uni again

However if I was moving into 2nd year with friends, I am not nervous at all. I really despise halls. Sorry for the complaint/rant, just needed to vent ... I have been counting down the days since end of december ...

ReputationRep:
    I felt exactly the same way as you about halls. I literally counted down the days until i could leave and got out of there as soon as i could! Stick it out and make friends with people in your socs and on your course and then next year you can have a great time without the stress of crappy hall life! You can do it It's only a few months now!

ReputationRep:
    Can't help you with the halls thing, never lived there, but I do agree with the above post. Try and make friends with other people and spend as much time away as you can, even if it's the library.

What worries me is that you're finding the workload so hard to cope with. As a first year (I'm assuming) you probably shouldn't be having to work every day, particularly not into the night or before uni. Is there someone you can speak to about that, maybe a counsellor or advisor of studies, whatever your uni provides?

(Original post by New...Romantic)
    What worries me is that you're finding the workload so hard to cope with. As a first year (I'm assuming) you probably shouldn't be having to work every day, particularly not into the night or before uni. Is there someone you can speak to about that, maybe a counsellor or advisor of studies, whatever your uni provides?
    There are advisors, I'm too scared to go see them. THe thing is my course is actually known to be really hard work.. I kind of knew that, but not so much into all nighters etc.. my friends feel the same about the work, so I guess I am just ranting :o: Thank you for your advice

And thanks above poster

ReputationRep:
    My family lives abroad... so I can't even go home at weekends so yeah, I get home sick. I guess it's pretty normal.

Try joining some societies at the uni, which suit your interests, then you should meet some people who are more similar to you. Then you can hang out with them, instead of your flatmates if you don't get on. I don't talk to many of mine this year either.

If you are a first year, your workload cannot be so severe... I remember feeling I had a lot of work in the 2nd year, however now I am a finalist, I realise the 2nd year was actually not much work at all.

If you are a finalist... you're almost done! I have had times when I have thought I wanted to just drop it all, but you've come so far, it's worth finishing it and achieving something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There are advisors, I'm too scared to go see them. THe thing is my course is actually known to be really hard work.. I kind of knew that, but not so much into all nighters etc.. my friends feel the same about the work, so I guess I am just ranting :o: Thank you for your advice

And thanks above poster
    Don't be scared to go, that's what they're for. Even just an email if you really don't want to go? Letting them know that you're finding it difficult, and about your halls worries. I don't know if they'll be able to do much but you won't know until you ask. And maybe then they'll ask for a meeting. It's really not scary.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.