Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Oh fml I made a dent on the surface of my tooth!! advice!? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so 4 years ago I had braces for 2.5 years. They still left glue on one of my teeth but I thought it would be ok. So for a few years I've been pulling at the glue stuck on my tooth. All of a sudden today there's a large dent on the surface of my tooth and its really painful!!! The outer layer of my tooth has been chipped away, the glue fell off and took some of my tooth with it!

Has this happened to anyone before? I didn't know that pulling at the glue would pull a bit of my freaking tooth out!!!!! Should I make an emergency dental appt? What are the odds of my tooth breaking apart?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and is the pain normal? Its not a sign of nerve damage is it???

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm probably quite deep if you can feel it, I chipped the surface off the front of one of my teeth, but the dentist told me to just leave it, but yours sounds deeper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    Hmmm probably quite deep if you can feel it, I chipped the surface off the front of one of my teeth, but the dentist told me to just leave it, but yours sounds deeper.
    Oh no!!! What will happen to my tooth? It was like a throbbing pain, its gone now.

ReputationRep:
    I chipped a chunk off one of my teeth a couple of weeks ago, just make a dentist appointment first thing on monday and he/she should fill it in for you, mine didn't even need an injection but yours might if it's deep. In the meantime make sure you don't eat anything sugary/hot/cold

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.