Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I just have a low sex desire? Anybody else? Watch

Hey. I'm starting to realise there's the possability that I might be asexual but before I stamp myself with a label. Just wanted to ask around and see whether it might just be something else, like having low desire for sex.

Moving on!

I've noticed lots of people around me like to make references like "Oh that guys so fit" or "That person is hot" etc and I don't think I've ever felt that way about others. To me, it's always been... Oh she's kind of cute. So I've never crushed hard over appearances.

That's where it ends. I don't experience the sexual attraction. In fact I don't think I've ever really experienced it with anybody I know.

So I'm wondering, what do people mean when they say someone is fit? hot? and are there people that identify with what I'm talking about?

I don't check people out in the street. I'm more likely to notice if a guy is wearing a cool coat or a woman has nice hair! I don't ever classify it as sexual attraction. I can describe someone as good-looking but really it has to be brought to my attention a lot of the time! Some people can do it just on appearances, but not everyone. But within my relationship, I don't have low sex drive..... at all! You might just need a deeper connection than appearance alone to be attracted to someone. That's not a bad thing.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't check people out in the street. I'm more likely to notice if a guy is wearing a cool coat or a woman has nice hair! I don't ever classify it as sexual attraction. I can describe someone as good-looking but really it has to be brought to my attention a lot of the time! Some people can do it just on appearances, but not everyone. But within my relationship, I don't have low sex drive..... at all! You might just need a deeper connection than appearance alone to be attracted to someone. That's not a bad thing.
    Hmm thanks!
    Maybe I need that connection.

The whole personality vs looks definitely applies in my case.

ReputationRep:
    I had that thought too once, but then I started having feelings for my crush!

ReputationRep:
    Age? any other issues such as depression? - You probably need a couple of testosterone injections (something like 2 months of sustanon) just to kick start your confidence.

Steroids are used as testosterone replacement therapy but can also be prescribed to kickstart the desire/sexual side.

ReputationRep:
    Before you definitively class yourself as asexual, have sex first. I'm sure after that your perception will change.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I'm in the same boat as you!
    I don't notice guys when I walk down the street, or spaz out when the kid from 'Twilight' or 'Gossip Girl' comes on t.v. In fact, I used to force myself to say I liked so-and-so when I was younger to fit in!
    I suppose its just because personality is what initially attracts me first to be honest.
    Everyone is different. S'aaaaaaaaall good

ReputationRep:
    Meh, some people just don't, nothing wrong with that.
    I very rarely feel a smigeon of attraction.
    You can have a low or high sex drive - doesn't effect whether you're asexual or not, asexual's just a lack of attraction, as you've said.

As to testosterone, you don't know what the **** you're on about. There was a case of some Mexican women being forced to take that to stop them being asexual and it didn't work, just gave them liver problems and hair. It increases sex drive not attraction.

As to 'have sex before you decide' - don't ever do something that you don't feel comfortable with. When I've tried to force myself to like something I didn't want I felt tainted for days, it was horrible. So don't. If you feel comfortable with someone and consider experimenting, do it then.

You might want to have a look at www.asexuality.org - you might resonate with some people's stories. Haven't been on there for a long time though.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Are you a girl? I can't look at a guy and think he is sexy - I think men are less sexual than women in appearance. And I'm certainly not asexual :sexface:

I can, however, look at a guy and find him attractive - normally that's more to the with the guy's face.

My boyfriend is the only person I find sexy. And my god I find him sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey. I'm starting to realise there's the possability that I might be asexual but before I stamp myself with a label. Just wanted to ask around and see whether it might just be something else, like having low desire for sex.

Moving on!

I've noticed lots of people around me like to make references like "Oh that guys so fit" or "That person is hot" etc and I don't think I've ever felt that way about others. To me, it's always been... Oh she's kind of cute. So I've never crushed hard over appearances.

That's where it ends. I don't experience the sexual attraction. In fact I don't think I've ever really experienced it with anybody I know.

So I'm wondering, what do people mean when they say someone is fit? hot? and are there people that identify with what I'm talking about?
    do you even wipe your own arse? you need to try harder at life.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.