Turn on thread page Beta

Single for Valentines Day watch

ReputationRep:
    So this Valentines Day I'm going to be single, probably.
    It's a bit depressing actually, I would love to be dating someone, but not just for the sake of Valentines Day!
    Don't get me wrong I love the idea that you have an extra reason to express your love to someone,
    and buy your sweetheart roses and have romantic meals together.
    But I have noticed that every Valentines Day I've been single, am I weird for feeling a bit down about that?
    Does Valentines Day make anyone else feel upset?

ReputationRep:
    Valentine's day is just so overrated.
    Whenever I've been in a relationship on Valentine's Day, I've insisted on completely ignoring the day.
    In fact, this year Chinese New Year is on Valentine's Day so I'll be celebrating that instead!

ReputationRep:
    You've got plenty of time to find someone :suith:

ReputationRep:
    Valentines day was a ******* love-child of Hallmark and Clinton.
    I am single this Valentines too, but rather than the 'day' annoying me.. it's more the fact that all my flatmates will have their boyfriends up so I will literally be 'alone' for the day.

I may buy myself a steak and a bottle of vodka. Do the same. We can share our experiences of steaky vodka goodness.

ReputationRep:
    Nah not weird at all, im the same - always feel slightly down and lonely on valentines day when single. but at the same time it tends to remind me of all the best things about being in a relationship, so that kinda cheers me up a bit also! Talk about mixed feelings lol....

ReputationRep:
    I have been single for all 18 Valentines' Days that I've lived through, and there's a 99% chance that the 19th will be no different. Please allow me to comfort you by playing the world's smallest violin.

ReputationRep:
    :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    i've been single on valentines day for ever year of my life.. i don't feel like im missing anything!
    young, free and single's what i say

ReputationRep:
    Me and my close group of friends are all single right now, so we've all paired off into couples, and the guys each have to plan a proper romantic evening for their 'date'. Its very lame I know, but it should be a good laugh at least, and stop any of us getting all morose. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Valentines day is definately a card-company created holiday.. but like others have said it's nothing to get down about...
    you should enjoy being single, keep looking for that perfect man but don't get upset by a day that is no different to every other day of the year!

ReputationRep:
    If you're really that cut up about it, just think how many broke boyfriends will be forced to buy their girlfriends an expensive "romantic" dinner, and then tire themselves out by trying to perform like a god in bed, when all they really want to do it curl up on the sofa with a curry and the football, and have a quick shag before bed.

ReputationRep:
    Chances are I'll be single on Valentines day;
    I'm having a long hot bath,doing my nails,then curling under my duvet,with chocolates Bridget Jones/Sex and the city.

Valentines day will be about love alright,
    the love of myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    If you're really that cut up about it, just think how many broke boyfriends will be forced to buy their girlfriends an expensive "romantic" dinner, and then tire themselves out by trying to perform like a god in bed, when all they really want to do it curl up on the sofa with a curry and the football, and have a quick shag before bed.
    Couldn't have put it any better myself.
    Spot on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakina101)
    So this Valentines Day I'm going to be single, probably.
    It's a bit depressing actually, I would love to be dating someone, but not just for the sake of Valentines Day!
    Don't get me wrong I love the idea that you have an extra reason to express your love to someone,
    and buy your sweetheart roses and have romantic meals together.
    But I have noticed that every Valentines Day I've been single, am I weird for feeling a bit down about that?
    you'd have to be either a very very funny person or a massive square to buy your other half roses. :p:

ReputationRep:
    omg, I'm 26 and have been without someone on that day for all my life, ur all about 17!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Chances are I'll be single on Valentines day;
    I'm having a long hot bath,doing my nails,then curling under my duvet,with chocolates Bridget Jones/Sex and the city.

Valentines day will be about love alright,
    the love of myself
    Thanks, that made me smile! But its just so .. like it makes me sad when people talk about their romantic plans. It would be nice to be in the recieving end for once! Do you know what I mean? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    i'm allways single on valentines day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Couldn't have put it any better myself.
    Spot on.
    :mmm:

I think you owe me something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakina101)
    Thanks, that made me smile! But its just so .. like it makes me sad when people talk about their romantic plans. It would be nice to be in the recieving end for once! Do you know what I mean? :unsure:
    It would be nice yes,
    since most of my friends have been getting coupled up.

But I'm not going to worry too much about it,
    at the end of the day it's one day of the year
    where people buy an overpriced card go for an overpriced meal.

I think romance should be a part of daily life, not one day of the year.

ReputationRep:
    :nopity: if you don't want to be lonely, go out and find someone. :pierre:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.