Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I try to take Valentines Day to celebrate all the people I love
    I am single atm but my I will organise something with my friends to go out around Valentines Day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    If you're really that cut up about it, just think how many broke boyfriends will be forced to buy their girlfriends an expensive "romantic" dinner, and then tire themselves out by trying to perform like a god in bed, when all they really want to do it curl up on the sofa with a curry and the football, and have a quick shag before bed.
    Some women consider this, and will happily not go out for a meal on that day, have a takeaway AND watch the footy. Sounds like a perfect, ordinary sunday to me

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. The only time I had a boyfriend on V Day was 2008, was OK but not super great, we just swapped cards and little presents and that was it. Other than that, I'm so crap with guys and I'm usually always single. I just feel like setting fire to all those gooey V Day cards in the shops, it just gets on my nerves seeing them.

ReputationRep:
    Valentines day is stupid. I have a boyfriend and we've never celebrated it. Its hardly romantic to celebrate your love for each other on a day when every couple is doing exactly the same thing. Surely its more romantic to celebrate your anniversary, a day thats unique to you and not everyone will be celebrating it with their partners too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinklemonade-xo)
    Some women consider this, and will happily not go out for a meal on that day, have a takeaway AND watch the footy. Sounds like a perfect, ordinary sunday to me
    number plz. kthx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    number plz. kthx
    aha,sorted. im not keen on the valentines malarky.
    someone saying i love you quietly in my ear randomly will do just as nicely.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone needs to stop giving a **** about Valentine's Day.

ReputationRep:
    tbh if a boyfriend did get me something for valentines day I would just think they were lame. Its really not thoughtful or romantic to get someone a card/roses/chocolates because you're expected to and its advertised everywhere.

Its so much more romantic to come over with flowers or send a card saying I love you any other day of the year because its unexpected and thoughtful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sakina101)
    So this Valentines Day I'm going to be single, probably.
    It's a bit depressing actually, I would love to be dating someone, but not just for the sake of Valentines Day!
    Well Valentines Day falls on the same day as Chinese New Year this year, so why not go down to chinatown and let the party distract you from the valentineness !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttx)
    Well Valentines Day falls on the same day as Chinese New Year this year, so why not go down to chinatown and let the party distract you from the valentineness !
    That sounds really good. But my chinese loving friends are all going to be doing valentines day stuff, so I'd be all by myself.

ReputationRep:
    The only V'tines ive not been single for was last year...so now I'm single again. Dun' worry about it. Its really not that amazing.

ReputationRep:
    last Valentine's I was in Florence and loads of men were walking around giving roses to girls go to Italy this year.

ReputationRep:
    so I'd be all by myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfos)
    I have been single for all 18 Valentines' Days that I've lived through, and there's a 99% chance that the 19th will be no different. Please allow me to comfort you by playing the world's smallest violin.

Ditto! Been single for all 21 Valentines' Days this one won't be any different. Besides Valentine's Day is all commercial some people just buy or do things for the sake of valentine's day. That's a bit sad ppl should do it because they want to not because of obligation.

ReputationRep:
    So this Valentines Day I'm going to be single, probably.
    It's a bit depressing actually, I would love to be dating someone, but not just for the sake of Valentines Day!
    Don't get me wrong I love the idea that you have an extra reason to express your love to someone,
    and buy your sweetheart roses and have romantic meals together.
    But I have noticed that every Valentines Day I've been single, am I weird for feeling a bit down about that?
    Does Valentines Day make anyone else feel upset?
    Hey I'm the same. I'll be single this Valentines Day but even if i was in a relationship, i'd want to just behave with my boyfriend like i would any other day. VD is rather too over the top for me, i know its a nice lovey celebration, but i don't think you should just make an effort that one day of the year, why not all days. Don't be down op, i know its easier said than done, but you'll have far more valentines days to be with someone for, and remember, theres just as many single people in the same position as you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nellydee)
    :eek: what's wrong with roses?!

they smell so nice :love:
    so does tippex but i'm sure as hell not gonna get you that either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Valentines day sucks for people in a couple..

Count yourself lucky.
    Why does it suck?

ReputationRep:
    I just dislike Valentines day because couples get so ... couple-y. Then it's kinda annoying not to be with someone.

Normally I just get ice cream and some movies/books and don't leave my room the entire day - just avoid all the couples. I don't mind being on my own for a day and it'd just annoy me if I had to spend time with them.

This year, I might be on a weekend trip with a large group of people though - which will definatly include quite a few couples. BUUUUT the person I like might be there as well so I can atleast look at him. ;-)

But I'm not a fan of big gestures etc. I'd much rather do something we'd both enjoy anyhow, if I were in a relationship. So if the bf wanted to watch football, he can. I'd be reading a book. We could have sex after.

Although I wouldn't say no to a romantic, annonymous card for once!

ReputationRep:
    I'm nonchalant on the matter. I guess 21 years of back-to-back singleness has left me emotionless about it. I'll just pop into bullring on the day and watch other couples do shopping etc. I get happiness out of seeing others happy.

ReputationRep:
    It's a day like anyother; I'm enjoying being single so it doesn't bother me in the slightest

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.