Turn on thread page Beta

Gain muscle and lose stomach fat? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    I should tell you to just read the sticky, but I am not that harsh (surprisingly). It start with the weight which provides you with enough strain to ensure tear, growth and repair. By that I mean about 8-10 reps, ensure that you can use the weight to perform the exercise without it being too easy or being so difficult that it forces one to break form. See how it is with your 10kg, if too easy then, obviously, go higher.
    ok, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    People can't tell you what weight to lift. You can't just go and pick up a 300kg barbell and throw it around. You work upwards and progress.

ReputationRep:
    Op, I'm afraid i don't have much advice for you on this apart from to read the sticky, but i just wanted to ask why the hell do people have to be so rude??
    The op was only asking a question, they didn't make you come into this thread and answer thier question, so why are some people getting so mad about it?! Just because they doesn't know as much as some of the people replying to this thread know about exercise, doesn't mean you have the right to be so nasty!

I thought TSR was meant to be an ADVICE forum...not a 'insult people who dont know as much as you' forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 66_crush)
    Op, I'm afraid i don't have much advice for you on this apart from to read the sticky, but i just wanted to ask why the hell do people have to be so rude??
    The op was only asking a question, they didn't make you come into this thread and answer thier question, so why are some people getting so mad about it?! Just because they doesn't know as much as some of the people replying to this thread know about exercise, doesn't mean you have the right to be so nasty!

I thought TSR was meant to be an ADVICE forum...not a 'insult people who dont know as much as you' forum.
    Hmmm

Fitness, other than the regulars, consists of mainly two types of people:

1) Those who irritatingly ask the same questions which are available upon using the search function or reading the sticky

2) The absolute morons who post absolutey ********/pseudoscience and then fight back when they are proven to be absolutely incorrect

These people show up multiple times each day on this forum, eventually posters lose patience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 66_crush)

No, the OP was posting the same crap that gets posted every day, because he/she is too lazy to find and read the advice that people have put effort into presenting already and wants to be spoon fed this information, undermining the efforts of the people who have already spent time putting together this information and helping in identical threads over and over again (despite having no reason to but a willingness to help), which is lazy, ungrateful and downright rude.

Getting frustrated with this is perfectly reasonable, as is commenting on it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

There are a lot of exercises in there that use dumbbells. Just have a look through using the filter.

You need to get heavier dumbbells. Buy a 50kg spinlock set.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planto)
    No, the OP was posting the same crap that gets posted every day, because he/she is too lazy to find and read the advice that people have put effort into presenting already and wants to be spoon fed this information, undermining the efforts of the people who have already spent time putting together this information and helping in identical threads over and over again (despite having no reason to but a willingness to help), which is lazy, ungrateful and downright rude.

Getting frustrated with this is perfectly reasonable, as is commenting on it.
    Okay, I get it, I can understand how it could be quite frustrating, but i still think everyone could just be a bit nicer! :o:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried sites like how to get ripped and chest workout?

I really want to believe them. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I just don't understand the lack of common sense required to ask what weight you should lift to gain muscle. Surely every semi-intelliegent person can figure out that to get bigger and stronger, you have to progressively lift more and more weight? Surely that's obvious?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.