Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why is arrogance deemed an unattractive trait?

I know, in my own heart, that I am more learned that most other people I know. My level of English is by far the best amongst my peer group (including the Senior Manager of my department at work, who is years older than I am), and I have ethically more decent than most others in my age group (well, getting ethics from twenty-somethings is like getting blood from a stone.:yep: )

I am fully proud of my strengths, so does this denote being "arrogant"?

Is it just that loser people possess envy at me, since they wish they could exude my confidence and self-assuredness?

ReputationRep:
    I am SO much more arrogant than all of you.

I don't think so. I'm self-confident; if I wasn't I wouldn't deserve to live/my life would be awful.

It's true, I know more than some people, but there are many people who know more than I. :ahee:

(Original post by + polarity -)
    I don't think so. I'm self-confident; if I wasn't I wouldn't deserve to live/my life would be awful.

It's true, I know more than some people, but there are many people who know more than I. :ahee:
    This

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Is it just that loser people possess envy at me, since they wish they could exude my confidence and self-assuredness?

I don't have a clue who you are...yet I still seem to severly dislike you.

ReputationRep:

I know, in my own heart, that I am more learned that most other people I know. My level of English is by far the best amongst my peer group (including the Senior Manager of my department at work, who is years older than I am), and I have ethically more decent than most others in my age group (well, getting ethics from twenty-somethings is like getting blood from a stone.:yep: )

There have been like 5 threads about arrogance over the past week, you know :sigh:

ReputationRep:

oh no. not again :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Arrogance is a weakness; it's built on insecurities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    I am SO SO much more arrogant than all of you.

ReputationRep:
    YOUR ARROGANCE WILL BE YOUR UNDOING!!
    (in joke)
    Arrogance isnt just thinking that your better than everone else, its letting everyone else know that you think you better than them.
    Thats not gonna make you popular no matter how you swing it now is it?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm not arrogant, I'm just better than all of you.

ReputationRep:

Your peer group must be speaking afghani then because your grasp of english isn't great.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I have low self-esteem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libtolu)
    Your peer group must be speaking afghani then because your grasp of english isn't great.
    I believe my comprehension is the English language is quite superlative, accounting for the fact most in my department at work possess advanced degrees. It is so good, that I am the designated report writer for my team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyhey922)
    YOUR ARROGANCE WILL BE YOUR UNDOING!!
    (in joke)
    Arrogance isnt just thinking that your better than everone else, its letting everyone else know that you think you better than them.
    Thats not gonna make you popular no matter how you swing it now is it?
    I believe it just intimidates others. I am not responsible for how others process their own emotions, am I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    I am SO SO much more arrogant than all of you.
    (Original post by Strangey)
    I'm not arrogant, I'm just better than all of you.

Oh damn you all arrogant people! I'm MORE arrogant than a whole universe! Beat that Victory is mine!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I believe my comprehension is the English language is quite superlative, accounting for the fact most in my department at work possess advanced degrees. It is so good, that I am the designated report writer for my team.
    I love how your riposte to prove you speak English well was awfully written.

ReputationRep:

depends on the kind of arrogance tbh, you seem to have that posh kind of arrogance that Hollywood usually uses to portray an absolute douchebag.
    however, there's the kind of arrogance that I cant explain thats definitely an attractive trait bcos its kinda like super-confidence, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PNEJOE)
    I love how your riposte to prove you speak English well was awfully written.
    I do speak English well. All people who know me well say that I am highly articulate.

ReputationRep:
    I do speak English well. All people who know me well say that I am highly articulate.
    The use of the word superlative was very very very very very poor in your attempt to show this. I'm sure you speak the language decently but don't try and brag about it on an internet forum by using 'difficult' words like 'superlative' if your going to mess it up. Hell, maybe your a great talker and a poor writer but the quality in this thread isn't going to win you awards.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.