Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by PNEJOE)
    The use of the word superlative was very very very very very poor in your attempt to show this. I'm sure you speak the language decently but don't try and brag about it on an internet forum by using 'difficult' words like 'superlative' if your going to mess it up. Hell, maybe your a great talker and a poor writer but the quality in this thread isn't going to win you awards.
    :toofunny: Thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    Not arrogant, just right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    I believe my comprehension is the English language is quite superlative, accounting for the fact most in my department at work possess advanced degrees. It is so good, that I am the designated report writer for my team.

Comprehension OF the english language

"That" in between fact and most.

At work isn't needed as department in itself suggests work.

It is, should be my english is, otherwise that sentence could be thought to confirm that you are extremely pleased at the position of report writer rather than your english being so good.

Now tell me, how good is your practical english again?

ReputationRep:
    I do speak English well. All people who know me well say that I am highly articulate.
    no-one believes you, stop lying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libtolu)
    Comprehension OF the english language

"That" in between fact and most.

At work isn't needed as department in itself suggests work.

It is, should be my english is, otherwise that sentence could be thought to confirm that you are extremely pleased at the position of report writer rather than your english being so good.

Now tell me, how good is your practical english again?
    quite good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fidel69)
    no-one believes you, stop lying
    you don't know me, so how can you verify if i am fibbing?

Your point is not a reasoned one.

ReputationRep:
    I hate arrogance.

ReputationRep:
    you don't know me, so how can you verify if i am fibbing?

Your point is not a reasoned one.
    in that case what do you expect from making a thread you peasant.
    "oh why are loser people envying e" or whatever you said.
    I'm telling you what i think of you and what you are saying, judging by the words that you are typing, it seems to me as if you are lying and trying to be all articulate and clever, when in fact you're using big words out of context to try and be something you're not.
    so a lesson for you, dont try and be smething you're not, because eventually(well in this case almost immediately) you'll look like a bell end

ReputationRep:
    i am widely deemed clever by most i know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JammyDodger4)
    I don't have a clue who you are...yet I still seem to severly dislike you.
    And why is this, perchance? Are you also intimidated by self-assurance?

You have no clue as to how I think or what I value. It may not be normal by youth standards to be haughty, but even this is taking the biscuit.

ReputationRep:
    And why is this, perchance? Are you also intimidated by self-assurance?

You have no clue as to how I think or what I value. It may not be normal by youth standards to be haughty, but even this is taking the biscuit.
    Having self confidence is one thing, and is a good thing to have, as without self belief achievment is unlikely.
    However, rather than having self confidence, you seem to see yourself as above others. Which, rather than being a positive outlook, is negative.
    Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people call me arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Im arrigant, but Im not a show-off.

Basically I know when I outsmart someone, but I dont go out of my way to prove it. Unless of course I really, really dont like that person.

I also love argueing, and you need some degree of arrogance for that
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well you seem pretty arrogant to me. And you seem to be under some illusion regarding the quality of your English. Is it your first language btw?

ReputationRep:
    Why is arrogance deemed an unattractive trait?

I know, in my own heart, that I am more learned that most other people I know. My level of English is by far the best amongst my peer group (including the Senior Manager of my department at work, who is years older than I am), and I have ethically more decent than most others in my age group (well, getting ethics from twenty-somethings is like getting blood from a stone.:yep: )

I am fully proud of my strengths, so does this denote being "arrogant"?

Is it just that loser people possess envy at me, since they wish they could exude my confidence and self-assuredness?

I would say im pretty arrogant... I can see why its unattractive though..:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i'm not arrogant, i'm just ******* amazing and i know it.

i'm not arrogant, i have nothing to be arrogant about

both of those answers are equally hateable. and entirely subjective.

ReputationRep:
    I believe I speak for myself and a large amount of TSR when I say...

YES

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people say I'm arrogant - for the billionth time, it's pronounced awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Arrogance and Sarcasm are both like marmite; People tend to either love or hate them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PNEJOE)
    I love how your riposte to prove you speak English well was awfully written.
    Haha my thoughts exactly!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.