Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Why is arrogance deemed an unattractive trait?

I know, in my own heart, that I am more learned that most other people I know. My level of English is by far the best amongst my peer group (including the Senior Manager of my department at work, who is years older than I am), and I have ethically more decent than most others in my age group (well, getting ethics from twenty-somethings is like getting blood from a stone.:yep: )

I am fully proud of my strengths, so does this denote being "arrogant"?

Is it just that loser people possess envy at me, since they wish they could exude my confidence and self-assuredness?
    your (written) english is a lot worse than you think it is. :nopity: i have a feeling that if you are in fact telling the truth, there is a high likelihood that a considerable proportion of your peer group are victims of mild to moderate mental retardation.

ReputationRep:

I know, in my own heart, that I am more learned that most other people I know. My level of English is by far the best amongst my peer group (including the Senior Manager of my department at work, who is years older than I am), and I have ethically more decent than most others in my age group (well, getting ethics from twenty-somethings is like getting blood from a stone.:yep: )

Is it just that loser people possess envy at me, since they wish they could exude my confidence and self-assuredness?

Ok... From what I can conclude from this post, you do not have superior grammar to most twenty-somethings. Sorry, but a lot of this did not make sense, even if you were to read it without the intent of critiquing your grammar. I think that arrogance is perhaps misplaced confidence in one's self or having excessive pride in one's self. If this is the case, I think you might fit the bill.

ReputationRep:

Possess envy at you?! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    why are all posts on TSR so off topic loolzz. :P oh and i'm not arrogant. just very confident in what i do

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion there is a major flaw in your argument OP.

Being smarter in somebody does NOT make you better than them. You might be amazingly clever and have a brilliant grasp of the english language (hmm) but that does not make you better than someone who is not as intellectual as you.

=D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirky743)

Being smarter in somebody does NOT make you better than them. You might be amazingly clever and have a brilliant grasp of the english language (hmm) but that does not make you better than someone who is not as intellectual as you.

=D
    Correctomundo! I second that.

ReputationRep:
    I minute this guy posts a thread saying he's mental (yes, actually claiming disability), now he wants to apply for PM.

Faaaaak off.

ReputationRep:
    No. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JammyDodger4)
    Having self confidence is one thing, and is a good thing to have, as without self belief achievment is unlikely.
    However, rather than having self confidence, you seem to see yourself as above others. Which, rather than being a positive outlook, is negative.
    Oh dear.
    Negative according to whom? You? Healthy people are self-confident, this is a no-brainer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirky743)

=D
    Social norms dictate so.

ReputationRep:
    More narcissistic than conventionally 'arrogant'. Although, that being said, I tend not to take myself too seriously.

(Original post by Nfixlol)
    your (written) english is a lot worse than you think it is. :nopity: i have a feeling that if you are in fact telling the truth, there is a high likelihood that a considerable proportion of your peer group are victims of mild to moderate mental retardation.
    You mean 'victims at'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by play_fetch)
    Ok... From what I can conclude from this post, you do not have superior grammar to most twenty-somethings.
    I understand how most twenty-somethings are. I am quite confident in my appraisal.

ReputationRep:
    I'm more vain than I am arrogant, but I'm not particularly vain. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I understand how most twenty-somethings are. I am quite confident in my appraisal.
    So do I being as I am one, well, I'm just about to turn twenty this week. I don't see how you can be confident in what you have written as it is clearly a shambles when it comes to grammar, which of course is a core element in the English language, and any other.

ReputationRep:
    Arrogance isn't arrogance when you are aware of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by play_fetch)
    So do I being as I am one, well, I'm just about to turn twenty this week. I don't see how you can be confident in what you have written as it is clearly a shambles when it comes to grammar, which of course is a core element in the English language, and any other.
    I am telling the truth, that i am deemed to be articulate by most in the firm that I work in. This makes me feel proud. Is pride some kind of inherent wrong?

I understand twenty-somethings thoroughly, and I know that most couldn't give a hoot about issues like the ones I mentioned earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesare Borgia)
    Arrogance isn't arrogance when you are aware of it.
    If you are aware of it and consciously try to make the attitude worse, who cares how its defined? Its still a bad quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Nope. I have low self-esteem
    Totally the same.

Use to be arrogant a few years back when I was a over-confident 10 year old jerk.

Now, i'm under-confident and scared to look a girl in the eye. :o:

Edit:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    For example, chavs or the like.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I'm just better than everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    You are all beneath my notice! I am Zeus, the God of Gods!
    :proud:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.